Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Fisherhubby's Maiden Wisconsin Resident Voyage

.
The skies are just barely streaked with clouds here in central Wisconsin. The mercury is reading in the mid 60's, amazing fall weather for this far north of the equator!

I imagine you can GUESS what this makes Fisherhubby LONG to do - - - and it has absolutely NADA to do with unpacking boxes.

Though he HAS already been a big help in the box unpacking department.


So, I packed him a little sandwich and filled an empty 2 liter bottle with ice cold water. That's every man's dream - - - drinking right out of the 2 liter bottle.


Then I followed him to the old watering hole so I could document his maiden Wisconsin resident fishing trip.


This lake is less than ten minutes from our house. We didn't have THAT kind of fishing proximity in Indiana!!!


Pretty little drive into the park to get to the boat ramp.


Once at the ramp parking lot, something went wrong with the electrical system on the trailer. Fisherhubby says, "With a boat it is ALWAYS something - - - "


Finally, everything is working and it's time to back the boat down to the ramp,


And into the water.


You can't see his face in this picture, but let me just tell you, if you COULD, you would see PURE JOY written there.


Heading out to the old fishin' holes.


Too bad he STILL had to buy an out-of-state fishing license since we can't get our Wisconsin driver's licenses until we've been here thirty days.


No matter - - - this little 20" Muskie didn't know if the fisherman was foreign or not!

Now that's a great first day of fishing in ANY state!!!
.

.

14 comments:

Theresa said...

Oh I can see that smile all the way from Georgia! Fisherhubby is HAPPY and I know it:) Great catch too! You are such a wonderful wife to follow along so you can show us all about that first fishing trip in your new State!

Have a blessed evening! HUGS!

Pam said...

Is it only the Muskie King himself who could dream of pulling a muskie out of Nepco? BTW, love your new header picture, but I can't place that scenic little view; it reminds me of the area where the drive over to Mead Island is found. Am I close?

shannon i olson said...

ooh how exciting for him!! it has sure been nice...but I think the party is soon over. Glad your getting settled in.

Julie Harward said...

Thanks for your visit. Looks like you moved...nice place too. And a good day for fishing too..life is good! ;D

Kristin - The Goat said...

You know, that's some blogging dedication to follow Fisherhubby on his maiden voyage! I love it :)

That's one gorgeous tree on the drive to boat ramp. I almost want to decorate it --- well, the bottom branch is probably all I'd be able to reach!

Kristin - The Goat

Unknown said...

Makes me want to go fishing!

Anonymous said...

How did that fish taste for dinner

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh Yah!
Looks pretty familiar to me!
Your hubby looks so happy indeed!
We need to plan a get together soon!
I can be the Welcome Wagon Lady.
hehe.
Hugs,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty area you live in. Nice to know your hubby is in fisherman paradise and can put the boat in the water as often as he likes.

DI

Ann in the UP said...

A ten minute drive to go fishing. Well, bravo for FisherHubby. Good Guy got to golf again yesterday and came home with two new straw hats. Both very cool. Each 5 bucks on sale.

Big sale in the pro shop. Merry Christmas, big guy!

Anonymous said...

I dare not show my Hubs this post for fear of weeping and gnashing of teeth:)

42N said...

I am jealous. What a thrill to be that close to quality fishing spots!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So happy for him. It's a dream come true, so happy he is living it!

Martin LaBar said...

A muskie, too! Splendid.