Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, November 26, 2010

Over The River and Through the Woods - - -

.

Which is, after all, a Thanksgiving song by Lydia Marie Child as evidenced by this verse which few of us, if any, still remember to sing:


Over the river and thru the wood,
Trot fast my dapple gray!
Spring over the ground,
Like a hunting hound!
For this is Thanksgiving Day.



Perfect song for our Thanksgiving Day here in the chilled central plains of Wisconsin. We awoke yesterday to temperatures in the teens and icy snowy roads.

Fisherhubby had to work in the ER, bless his poor little gizzard, but I drove the "dapple gray" (which in my case is a candy apple red Durango) across town to pick up two of my life long friends and we sprang over the river (the Wisconsin) and through the woods like a hunting hound to grandmother's house for dinner.

True, she is not MY grandmother, but she is a grandmother nonetheless.

And we were thankful.

I was especially thankful that Fisherhubby's new job is in full swing, which of course means there's hope of a paycheck soon. I was also very thankful to be reunited with folks who have played an important role in the shaping and forming of who I am today.

I am truly thankful.


We expressed our thanksgiving in the traditional way, by heaping our plates full of goodies. And, in the truly American tradition - - - we had more food than we needed for this feast day, as you can see on the buffet table.


Most of us licked our platters clean - - - that empty plate on the corner is mine, licked right down to the fine china.


As we ate, we talked of our many blessings.


Blessings which include family, friends, jobs,


Football and deer hunting. This is the deer hunting Vatican up here my friends.


We were all thankful, and there were smiles all around.

And while we were miles and miles away from our children, they had a wonderful thanksgiving with their Peepaw, as you can see here.

Hope your day was also blessed with family, friends, and smiles.

.

7 comments:

kyooty said...

oh everything looks yummy and enjoyed by your guests.

Pam said...

Your pics made me feel like I was there - almost! Does Shawn look like Vernon back in the day or what?!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sorry Fisherhubby couldn't make it.
Sounds like you had a great day. I ended up napping and didn't get to work on my tree. Today we eat again at our sons place in Los Angeles. We will be sitting in Black Friday traffic. Enjoy your games!

Theresa said...

Sounds perfect to me, well minus the icy roads:) The fellowship was great at my dinner too! Looks like you all had plenty of food and sweet friends to share it with! Have a blessed day dear friend! HUGS!

Unknown said...

hey mrs broyles!! miss you and love you! hope you are doing well!!! and hope you had a great thanksgiving!

love,
emily blinn :)

Lady Jane said...

You are a riot, lol... And you have a great outlook. Glad I found your blog!!! Blessings, Lady Jane

Angie said...

If ever there was a time when I wish I lived 'over there' it would be at Thanksgiving. You can keep your Halloween, I like it not, but Thanksgiving is something else.