Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sad Day for the NFL

.


(photo from Wikipedia)

There was and ever will be only ONE Tony Dungy in the NFL.

A man of grace.

There were those in the past who said his quiet strength was the wrong style to lead a team to the Super Bowl. They were wrong. Dead wrong.

Yesterday he retired from his NFL coaching career. The NFL has suffered an immeasurable loss.

But for Tony, this is not so much an end as a shift in direction. He will continue to use the gifts he has been given to bless the world.
.

10 comments:

grammy said...

Heard about it on the late nite news and I'm sure he'll be missed.

A bit of trivia for you...40 years ago yesterday, Joe Namath (playing for the Baltimore Colts) made his famous perdiction they would win..and they did and Joe became famous!!!

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

I am so sad he is leaving.

Jackie said...

I love Tony ! I am so sad & heavy hearted. But, I know he will continue to do great works, whatever he does. And, I know he will follow God's leading. You can't beat that !

P.S. Love the comment that Grammy made about Joe Namath. He was also one of my favorites !

Anonymous said...

Welcome back Keetha! Hope you are feeling better. We too are sad to see Tony go :( It just won't be same without him.

Angela V

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Keetha. I feel his greatest contribution was proving that a quiet man of integrity CAN lead a team to victory. And he's lead a lot of people to Victory along the way!

Keetha Broyles said...

Grammy - - - you better check a couple of your facts - - - like which team "Broadway Joe" played for when he won that Superbowl ring!!!!

Anonymous said...

We are big Tony Dungy fans because we grew up and just moved from Tampa. He is an awesome coach and the whole reason the Bucs went to the Super Bowl after he left! I heard he's speaking in Tampa the day before the Super Bowl. I thought he would take the Colts to the Super Bowl soon! I just found out about this from your post! I don't watch the TV much anymore because it's too depressing!
-Kim

Lone Butterfly said...

While I'm VERY upset that Tony will be gone, I have to say that it only enhances his legacy to me that he's leaving a lucrative job so he can spend more time with his family.

What an amazing Christian example to give his children!

I can't find my blog said...

I love what Don said. Yes, a great example of Christian manhood. He'll be missed on this coast, too!

Keetha Broyles said...

And besides spending more time with his family, he has some ministries he has already started (helping dad/son relationships) that he wants to continue.