Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, January 15, 2009

I've Always Wanted to Try This - - -

.
Today in my old hometown in the Northwoods it is 28 below zero. At that temperature a cup of hot water propelled into the air as a fine mist will freeze instantly.

(Photo by Mark O. Wilson)

My friends who live there tried it today with these amazing results. You can read more about it here and here.

Pretty cool, huh??? (Pun definitely intended.)
.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it's really cool alright :)
Longjohn kind of cool.

Sherry said...

Oh, Wow! That's cold!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, not so far from your home town up here. I think we topped out at -25 at the coldest today.

Jewel said...

WOW! That's awesome. But I can't say that I wish it were -28 here. I'm content seeing the pictures!

Keetha Broyles said...

I think it will do it around -11. It's -9 now, I might have to try it in the morning!

nancygrayce said...

BRRRRR, you are cold up there! I believe I'd be drinking that hot coffee and not throwing it up to freeze! :)

Keetha said...

Oh, wow. That is, uh, cool. :-)

~Molly~ said...

Have you seen a video of this? here, watch!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aRwlrFimnZk Its super cool, no pun intended!!!

Molly

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks Molly, that video was cool.

Vickie said...

This was fun!! We did it this morning. Do you have anymore fun science tricks we can do in this frigid cold air. This was a new one for me. We really enjoyed it.

Keetha Broyles said...

You must have gotten outside earlier than I did Vickie - - - I tried it, but it wasn't cold enough when I tried.

Keetha Broyles said...

I do have one, I do have one, I DO have one Vickie - - - - bubbles freeze and roll around on the ground. I don't know at what temperature, we may be too warm by now. Maybe we'll have to save that one for another subarctic day.