Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Deepfreeze Diary

.


Sunrise yesterday at -9 or -11, I can't remember which - - - after a while all the minuses just sorta run together.


Mosaic of late afternoon sun and shade on wind etched snow.

In the midst of this tundra-esque cold snap, our furnace has decided it's tired and will only function minimally. Typical, don't you think? So what does one do when the cold winds howl and the furnace decides to take a nap???

First one lights one's gas fireplace and turns it up on high.

Next one phones the furnace repair man who is already inundated with emergency calls - - - most of which are for walk-in coolers which have failed to function. Go figure.

Next one sends hubby out in search of a quality portable heater, preferably one that does not require smelly kerosene. Alas, they are all sold out.

And then - - -

One imbibes their favorite HOT drink, (mine's a caramel latte), draws their warmest clothing tightly about themselves, and hunkers in to BLOG while they wait for spring.



Yesterday between hunkering and waiting, I decided to give way to the pressure of television advertising and try one of these. The commercials made them look like a bit of heaven in plastic wrap.



My evaluation for what it's worth:
Quite tasty.
I'd try them again.

Things I'd adjust:
Add a bit of salt
Microwave 30 seconds longer
Pile cheese on top before eating

Concern:
That's a honking lot of plastic to throw away each time.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The carmel latte sounds like the right thing in such cold weather. My sister's in Wisconsin and she said they closed the schools because it's so cold there.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your outdoor snow pix, awesome my friend! We haven't had snow yet, and the kids can sure complain about it!

Keetha Broyles said...

Somehow I thought you were in Ohio, so figured you had snow, Amy. I see from your profile how wrong I was!!!

We have snow now - - - but so far the "high" for the day has only been 5, so I'm not going out in it!!!

Keetha said...

I can't help but admire the snow. Of course, if I had to get out in it, that'd be a different story!

Keetha Broyles said...

I actually love the snow and love going out in it. However, the subzero temperatures add a little different dimension to the whole thing.

Julie said...

We are in the same boat here in Ohio!! It's just...COLD!! I am so sorry about your furnace-perfect timing, huh? Did you have days off school?

I can't find my blog said...

I know that cold is cold, and not fun when you're in it, but really? 80? I think I got a sunburn today while playing baseball with the boys.

Note to Mother Nature- IT IS JANUARY!

Keetha Broyles said...

To be honest with you, Headless, I'd rather have -2 (which is what it is at this moment) than 80 in January, so you have my utmost sympathy about the sunburn.

Julie, I've had two and a half days out of school. That's been nice now, but won't be so nice when we make them up later.

Vickie said...

Did you love our snow days??? I know we have to make them up but I loved staying in bed under the warm blankets!!!!

Anonymous said...

I hope you are warmer tonight! Take care! I love your photos!
-Kim

Martin LaBar said...

Add salt? I would have guessed that such a prepared food would have had too much salt.

Stay warm.

Keetha Broyles said...

It is that "Healthy Choice" brand - - - they probably went low on salt on purpose, but in my opinion that made it low on taste too. I salted adn was much happier.