Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Escaping the Grindstone

.
We were given a reprieve from our grindstone today. Plenty of snow was falling, and wind was supposed to be rising - - - so all the schools in our community sent their students and teachers home early.

The wind thing never happened - - - but TOO LATE, we were already OUT OF THERE!


As I sat in our parking lot waiting to leave,
I thought to myself:
"Self, why don't you take some pictures
For your blog on the way home?"


So that is just what I did.

My original plan was just to take a few
Right through the windshield of my
Candy Apple Red Badgermobile
While I was on my accustomed way home.

Then I thought,
"Where's the fun in that!!???"


So Bucky and I
(Bucky is Badgermobile's name you know)
Went "off roading."


Oh - - - there was a road there,
Just not very well ploughed.
And it was off road to me
Because it was far afield
From the shortest distance
Between two points - school and home.


Perhaps a snowy blowy day
Was a foolish time to take a detour,
But Bucky has four-wheel paws
So I ventured it.



I think the results
Are well worth while.

A road less taken


River nearly frozen over
And blanketed in white.


Water still running free.


Snow etchings


Pines ready for Christmas


Flocked by nature.



Everywhere I drove


A winter wonderland.


Remember this little deciduous?
How fortunate for my camera eye
That it still wears its jewels.


Almost home now - - -


Even our neighborhood is snow improved.


Don't fence me in.


It was the only fence line I could come up with
At this time of night.
.

12 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Love your pics today. The perfect antidote to our 80 degrees.

No kidding-it feels like summer here. And I hate it.

Keetha Broyles said...

Calgon take you away!!! Maybe you should make your destination Indiana!!!

Kim Sue said...

beautiful snowy pictures...I would enjoy one really good snow. One where the kids can play all day and the world looks all peaceful and clean. Ah, dreams of a southern girl :o)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the "tour". Pretty pictures. they look like postcards. :)

Angela V

Dan said...

LOL, Oh Keetha, you call Mater Park 'offroading', HA HA HA!
Nine years away and I still recognize it.

Keetha Broyles said...

Did you not read my disclaimers, Dan?!?

I'm fully aware it is not offroading - - - in the true sense of the word - - - it was off PLOUGHED roading.

I'm not even interesting in going off the road entirely.

Did you see all the new kid's part in the park??? Pretty against the snow, isn't it?

HEY - - - BESIDES THAT - - - I WAS OUTSIDE IN THE STUFF - - - don't I get any credit for that????

Dan said...

Alas, I am duly chastised. I did read the disclaimer, but I couldn't help myself. Play equipment looks great.. it'd keep my kids busy for a good ten minutes at least! (oh, ok, probably a good hour or more).

Keetha Broyles said...

:-)

Dan,I knew you were teasing, so I teased back.

I guess we're even.

Tonja said...

Keetha,
These are beautiful pictures! I never get to see things like this. Thanks for sharing the beauty of your snowy home!

Keetha Broyles said...

You are so welcome, Tonja. We still have most of the snow - - - got a little more this morning even. However, the temperature has warmed up into the 20's and 30's now.

Nancy said...

Keetha, thanks for the snow tour. It is the way I choose to enjoy the snow -- vicariously though your blog. The pics are beautiful.

Keetha Broyles said...

It is beautiful - - - we still have it, though tomorrow it may melt away as we are supposed to warm up into the high 30's.

I HATE for it to warm up like that midwinter.