Well, actually that is just an attempt at a somewhat creative title to catch your attention.
My friend, and former science student extraordinaire, Jewel tagged me to tell 25 little known facts about myself. Jewel, 25 is WAY too many and would make for WAY too boring a post - - - so I'll give you 10, and even at that I don't PROMISE you won't be yawning by the end.
1) I hate all forms of housework. Folding laundry is rather pleasant because it's soft, warm, and smells good - - - but first you have to sort and wash nasty dirty stuff with a clothespin on your nose.
2) I love winter. I love snow. I love cold. Of course, I don't have to walk across a large university campus in it - - - and I went to college in the "deep" south so never did have to do that. They thought 50 degrees was an arctic blast down there. I remember once they got a tiny skiff of snow and closed public schools for a week. NO LIE. And there wasn't one loaf of bread nor one gallon of milk to be found on any grocery store shelf during the "siege."
3) If I'm going to get snowed in, I want something a LOT tastier and FUN to eat than bread and milk.
4) I read myself to sleep every night. Sometimes I TRY to read myself BACK to sleep for hours in the middle of the night - - - see what you have to look forward to in old age? (And we won't even mention how many potty trips you'll be making during the night then either - - - I consider a potty-less night a major success.)
5) The gift you gave me for my 50th birthday was already needed by me at the time, so the BIGGEST joke was on you for giving it to me. Do you remember what it was? Oh - - - let's not be TOO explicit in this public forum, shall we?
6) Running backs are my favorite football players - - - though lately I've been pretty impressed with some wide receivers too. (Like Larry Fitzgerald)
7) I just learned this morning that Arizona Cardinals' Running Back, Tim Hightower and their QB, Kurt Warner are strong evangelical Christians - - - all the more reason for me to HOPE the Cards win tomorrow evening.
8) If blogging could be considered housework, then I'd LOVE housework.
9) I don't like salmon - - - so why do I have a freezer FULL of the stuff????
10) Once I nearly got myself and one of my then Junior High students KILLED in my camper during a tornado at teen camp.
Now I am supposed to tag others - - - but Jewel, I just made this list for you, so I'm not going to tag anyone else. If anyone who actually READS the words I write here feels so inclined, they may consider themselves tagged by me and give us a list of little known facts about themselves. Otherwise, I'm afraid this little branch of the tagging chain will end here.
Does anyone out there actually READ every word of this blog???? Just wonderin'