Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

The Problem With Following - - -

.

Oh that title sounds like I'm going to wax philosophical.

I'm not.

I love the "follow" option on blogger. I have a LONG list of blogs which I follow. However, I have encountered several problems with this process, and am wondering if anyone else has had these same issues and if so have they found the cure?

First of all, some of my followed blogs suddenly, out of the clear blue, and for no apparent reason just stop giving me the alerts that they have made a new post. I have tried re-adding them to my follow list - - - to no avail.

Secondly, today my little picture has disappeared from quite a few of the blogs that I follow. I still have them on my list, and several of them had new post alerts in my dashboard this morning - - - but I was stricken from their following list. If I re-add them to my list, my picture reappears, but goodness gracious, I do NOT have time to re-add the whole world!!! (Tuesday night addendum: Oh but I FOUND time, I went through my follow list and re-added EVERY single one from which my little avatar had been deleted!!!)

Very sad face. (Much happier face now!!!)

.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed that last night, you had disapearred from my world, I just thot ya didn't like me anymore LOL I missed U!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I have the same problems. People's new post do not show and if they do they are a few days late (yours is one of them). ALso I notice on my own sidebar with my own blogs they post alte when I know I have posted.
I also cannot see many pictures I add to my post when they are published. They have an x where the pic should be. But people did say they could see them where I could not.
And my profile pic never shows up on comments, just an x again.
Glad I am not the only one.

haley said...

whew! what a relief! i thought you just didn't care about my boring life anymore! HA!

nancygrayce said...

Of course, I can't figure out what's happening! But I think you disappeared from my page!

Keri said...

I thought you disowned me!!

Keetha Broyles said...

SEEEEE - - - this is a HUGE problem!!!! I LOVE all my bloggy friends and have not divorced ANY of them!!!!

I'm not sure how in the WORLD I will catch all these "drops" and add them again.

YIKES - - - technology, it's enough to send ya to an early grave!!!!

:-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Leigh - - - even if your computer SAYS I'm no longer following you, I am. AND your picture DOES show up on my comments. And I THINK I can see all your pictures - - - at least there are pictures with each post and it doesn't seem like there are any holes.

Jewel said...

I only recently started following so that people would know I am indeed reading their blogs.

But, like you, I have everyone linked on the side of my page. The links are in decending order with the most recently posted blog at the top. So I rarely read on my own dashboard, but just follow the links!

groovyoldlady said...

I decided to be a rebel and just make my own RSS feed page on Squidoo.com .

So...no one knows whether I'm visiting or not.

I'm very sneaky!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Groovy - - - you aren't as sneaky as you think, I can tell on my sitemeter if you came to me through your squidoo.com site!!!

Martin LaBar said...

I have not tried using Blogger to follow other blogs, even though I've been posting for over 4 years, and follow 80 or so. One reason is that many of them aren't Blogger blogs.

I switched from www.bloglines.com to Google Reader a few months ago, and find it does a good job. It's free, but you can't run it in the same browser tab as Blogger, so I keep them going in two tabs of the same browser window.

Jackie said...

Keetha....I saw this message on another blog that I follow. Don't know if it will mean anything to you or be of any help in regards to your "following" problem, but thought I would post what she said.

"If you are getting emails wondering why you are no longer following someone or you noticed that several people fell off your followers list...don't panic, it's not your fault!

You can fix it if you go to your dashboard, click on manage and see if it changed the blogs you follow from public to anonymous."

OR you can go to her blog & read under her caption of "Blogger Hiccuped".
http://praiseandcoffee.blogspot.com

Good Luck,
Jackie

Keetha said...

Goodness, how ODD. Blogger has a mind of its own!

Anonymous said...

Have you considered joining Facebook?

Keetha Broyles said...

Never Facebook for moi, Anony

j said...

I really think it is blogger. But did you notice that the follower thingy has changed its look? Maybe things will be better!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow, Jennifer - - - the follower gadget CHANGED since I went to bed last night. That feels weird. Let's hope it DOES get better now.