Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Mom Update


I've had such a response from you about my mom's story that I want to keep you updated.

When I went to their house around three yesterday afternoon, mom was still alert and awake and had been since her 2 AM "resurrection." She was lying on her bed trying to rest, but not sleeping.

Her eyes are dry and won't focus correctly and she mentioned to me that she had a book she'd like to finish reading if her eyes would just co-operate. I got the book and sat by her bedside and read two chapters to her.

Dad fixed their supper and she sat in her wheel chair at the table. I fed her, and though it wasn't much it was a lot more than she has been eating for weeks now.

After supper she had some visitors. My cousin Doug and his wife Mary stopped by as did Greg and our daughter Korie. Mom was beginning to tire by that time, so we didn't stay long.

This morning dad reports that she rested well during the night and was just eating breakfast - - - again at the table- - - about 9:45 this morning.

5 comments:

Shannon said...

You are such a blessing to your mother!

Keetha said...

What an incredible story! I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you, girls.

Anonymous said...

Glad you're getting some extra time with your mom!

Anonymous said...

Hope she passes soon so you all won't have to keep riding the roller coaster of emotions and suffer to see her suffer.