Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

Friendship Award


My friend, Leigh, over at Big Daddy's Girl, gave me this blogging award today. (It originally came from Chuck at Foster Me Up. Chuck, I do not know you, but I thank you anyway for creating this lovely award.



It is my privilege to pass it along to the following bloggers who also happen to be my friends outside of blogland. At least I claim them whether they claim me or not.

Keri, Number One Daughter. Keri is my firstborn daughter and my friend. It was through her influence that I took up blogging. She is also a wonderful mommy to the three most beautiful children on the planet. Keri, I am sooooo proud of you, and THANK YOU for introducing me to the wonderful world of bloggers.

Betsy, Chez Tejeda. Betsy and I were "rookie teachers" together at Lakeview. Our friendship quickly bonded into something that will last forever. Betsy now lives and teaches in Bolivia, S. America. I miss her, but am so proud to call her my friend.

Jewel, Rare and Beautiful. Jewel was one of my students at Lakeview before she graduated a year ago. One of the courses I taught her was Earth Science in which we learned that a gem (jewel) is a rare mineral which is highly prized for its beauty. Jewel fits this description. She is a beautiful lady who loves to serve the Lord by serving others. Jewel, I am proud to call you "friend."

Jaye, Country Tulips. I first knew Jaye when she was a teen at camp and I was a counselor. Jaye and her husband, Brian, are now youth pastors. Jaye is also the mommy of four beautiful children. Jaye is lovely inside and out. I'm so glad to call you my friend, Jaye!!!

Kathy, Long Lost Twin. Last week I posted an "old school" picture of Kathy and myself on my blog. (She was on the left, I on the right in that picture.) Kathy and I go WAY back and share some crazy and unusual things. Our children are also friends. Kathy, I still love you like crazy even though our roads seem to have "diverged in a yellow wood." (So to speak.)

Deven, Swan Song. Deven currently teaches with me at Lakeview. When she first found out that I had a blog, she found it rather mind "blogging." Hehehehehe - - - pun intended. Deven has a ready smile and a word of encouragement for all she meets.

OK Ladies - - - whether this is your first blogging award or your fiftieth, you now have the privilege of passing it along to other bloggers in your circle if you so choose.


8 comments:

Keri said...

Awww!! Thank you, Momma!

Keetha Broyles said...

You're very welcome, daughter-number-one!!!

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Why, thank you, Keetha. I am a bit emotional right now. All of the kids just left. It is so weird. I cried thinking it was probably the last time ALL of us would be here together before the big move. But I have to realize that these places we call "home" are just temporary. In actuality we are all waiting to go to our real home someday. As much fun as we had talking, laughing, eating, swimming, looking through old photos and memorabilia, etc., I can't help but think our heavenly reunion will be even more amazing.

I trust this will be a meaningful week for you and your family.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Kathy - - - I certainly understand how you feel about leaving your house - - - I mean I feel that way about it and I've never even lived there!!!

Deven said...

Thanks, Keeps.

Jewel said...

Awe thanks, friend!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Awwww, Keetha! I feel so HONORED! Thanks for being my friend! I can´t wait til we live closer!!!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

You have certinaly become a friend through blogging and we are sisters through Christ!