Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Sunday Reruns - Summer Freedom



It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites."

Other folks in other places are going back to school. Not me. I will never go back as a full time teacher again, though I do plan to do some subbing.

In honor of all things school, today I'm reposting this piece about how lovely it is to feel FREE when summer break begins.



Dids and Did Nots
(First posted on 5/29/08)


Things I DID on my first day of summer vacation

1) Stayed in bed until after 8.

2) Had my nails done.

3) Sped in a school zone and got pulled over and warned for it. Oooooops!

4) Blogged

5) Read my book


6) Bought some Dove's. If you CAN'T get DeBrands, just a little Dove'll do ya!!!

7) Had a pedicure. Girls - - - check out the pedicures at your local beauty schools. Only $10 and OH SO WONDERFUL!!! (They've gone up to $13 in 2010, but still a deal and a half!)

8) Blogged some more

9) Took a little cat nap

10) Watched some ESPN

11) Ate a Greek salad for supper at my favorite little Greek restaurant


Things I Definitely DID NOT DO on My First Day of Summer Vacation:

1) Go anywhere near the school

2) Grade papers

3) Clean house

4) Do laundry

5) Cook

6) Exercise

7) Mow

8) Volunteer for ANY summer responsibilities


13 comments:

j said...

I didn't clean house or mow or do laundry today either... I spent my day with KRISTIN!

I bet this post holds bittersweet memories for you now. Your off to new adventures though, right?

Love ya Keetha!

KathyB. said...

Manicures and pedicures, I must try one of these soon...after hauling in the winter firewood supply and spinning up a batch of wool of course!Summer vacation, I remember when those words actually meant "vacation".

Good for you, and good for us because maybe this means even more funny posts from our Eclectic Blogger!

Theresa said...

Sounds like a perfect first day of Summer Vacation:) I could follow the DID List! Have a blessed day whatever you do today! HUGS!

kyooty said...

mmmmmmmm chocolate

Diann said...

Sounds like the perfect way to kick of you summer vacation!

Anonymous said...

Vacation to me means paper plates and plstic utensils.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I need a pedicure! Hmmmm...great way to keep summer going on, get my toes painted.

Angie said...

I'm getting a pedi next Tues and my toenails painted, all ready for Blackpool to gasp in unbridled admiration. Well.....y'know.....

Anitra Cameron said...

Bliss, every bit of it, just pure bliss!

Hmmm...manicure, pedicure--that does sound like a good idea!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Seriously, you didn't exercise on your first day of summer vacation? Really? LOL

Kristin - The Goat

Ann in the UP said...

Retired teachers continue to enjoy the first day of vacation every day.

"The bus is going by....""

He hee! I still get to stay home."

The back to school sales are on!

He hee!I don't have to go! etc, etc.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Girlfriend...

Keetha, you know that I can certainly "identify"! I counted down the days till summer break when I worked at school! Hehe! I'm soooo happy for you, my friend...that you can have those "summer days" all year long now! How very sweet!!!

I hope that my note is finding you and your sweet family well! Are you packing yet? Hehe! I'll talk with you later, Darlin'!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design

PS...thanks again for joining in with Sunday Favorites this week!!!

podso said...

Fun post, also the one about your son. Are you missing back to school? I guess up north it doesn't start til after Labor Day but down here, today was the first in our area.