Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sunday Reruns - "Meme"rable

.


It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday Favorites!!!

Sunday Favorites are RERUNS - - - if you want to participate, just repost something you previously posted "back in the day."

(NOTICE: when you read these, they are NOT current events. ;-)


Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites."




"Have I Ever?"
(First posted on June 10, 2008)


Leigh posted this meme on her blog. There are 58 questions in the ACTUAL meme.

Now folks - - - there is NO WAY anyone in cyberspace wants to read the answers to 58 questions about me, so I've selected the questions I want to answer. :-)

If you actually READ these - - - let me know. I think too much writing makes most bloggers stop reading. Prove me wrong!


1) Gone on a blind date?


Yes, once!! When I was in college a friend of mine came to me and talked me into a double date, with my date being the blind part. We had a great time, he was a perfect gentleman and good looking to boot - - - but I couldn't WAIT to get off the date, and NEVER wanted to date him again. The reason? His PANTS WERE TOO SHORT!!!! There was a STYLE for guys in that place at the time, he was wearing it - - - khaki pants cut off and fringed an inch above the ankle worn with no socks and loafers. I thought it was HIDEOUS and I let that little fashion faux pas completely TURN ME OFF.
Oh the DEPTH of my 18 year old soul!!!!

A week or so later he called me and invited me to come to the University of South Carolina (his school) to see a Gamecock's football game. If you've read my blog, you know I ADORE football - - - - but I said "no." More the fool I.


2) Skipped school?


Nope. I'm WAY too conventional for that.


3) Watched someone die?


No. I have a TOTAL phobia of being in the same room when the process of death happens. I can feel death in the air and it makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck.

My 48 year old cousin dropped dead right when we finished singing the doxology as grace for our evening meal at our family reunion one year. I had just turned away from the group to head out to the grill when he fell - - - I did NOT see it, but I KNEW that someone had just died. I literally RAN out to the grill to my medical husband and shouted: "They need you in there!" He took ONE LOOK at my face and ran in. There was nothing that could help. Oh, hubby and several nurse cousins tried valiantly to revive him - - - but he was already in the arms of Jesus. I stayed OUTSIDE and helped take care of the children - - - struggling to help them cope.

A few years ago, a young 16 year old girl dropped dead at our teen camp where I was on staff. She was entering the teen temple, I was up on the ball field on a golf cart. I heard a voice come over the walkie talkie radio saying "call 911." I KNEW in that instant someone was dead. Again - - - I stayed away from the actual scene of death and helped the other campers.

It is not that I'm afraid I will miss heaven - - - it is the thought that this is it, death is here. I just can't handle that. I hope and pray the Lord sees fit to let me slip quietly away to heaven in my sleep and when I wake His is the first face I see.


8) Been lost?


Never I've gotten turned around a time or two - - - but having been blessed with a pretty accurate sense of time and space, I've always been quickly able to reorient myself and find my destination. Hubby does NOT have this gift, fact which has given us some "moments" on trips together.


12) Had your booze taken away by the cops?


Nope - - - never have had any booze to get taken away. Am and always have been a t-totaller. That presented interesting challenges growing up in Wisconsin - - - the beer state- - - where it was legal to drink beer at 16 and hard stuff at 18 in those Viet Nam War days.


13) Lettered in a high school sport?


Nope - - - they don't give letters for being an avid spectator!!! I don't have a single athletic gene. When hubby and I were dating he TRIED to teach me to play tennis. After about five minutes, he came over to my side of the net, took the racket out of my hand, looked me straight in the eyes and said, "You cannot play tennis, never try again!" And I haven't.

A few years ago the athletic director at our school awarded me a plaque in appreciation for selling tickets at so many of our athletic events. My name AND the word athletic both appeared on that plaque - - - hubby said it was an oxymoron.


14) Cried yourself to sleep?


Yes - - - painful, isn't it?


21) Cheated on an exam?


Not an exam, but once in grade school I penciled the order of the middle letters of one word on my desk top before the spelling test. I didn't even look at them during the test, but I knew it was wrong and later confessed to the teacher. I don't remember what she did about it - - - but I do remember the relief when the guilt rolled away because I had made it right.


30) Been arrested?


No - - - but if you read my Thelma and Louise story you'll find I inadvertently came pretty close once.


33) Had a nickname?


My cousins call me Keepie, so I use that one in cyberworld.

Pete gave me a HATEFUL one in college and Hick made sure the WHOLE SCHOOL knew it - - - I still hate that one and shan't tell it here or anywhere else.


34) Been to Africa?


YES - - - when I was 18, and it was the highlight trip of my life!!! We were there for a seven week long missions trip and had more experiences than I could possibly relate right here - - - the most exciting and terrifying of which was being charged by an elephant in a game reserve. Read that story here.


35) Birth place?


Shell Lake, Wisconsin


54) Do you have any tattoos?

If you've read ANY of this, I BET you can answer that one for yourself!!! Hehehehehehehehe


57) What do you do to relax?

Blog, watch football, eat,read, blog, watch football, eat, blog - - -

.

14 comments:

Alicia said...

I read and enjoyed every word! I think most bloggers that actually write will read what others write and don't let words scare them away.

It was so interesting to read your answers. I worked for many years for a funeral home so death doesn't bother me. Yet the other day I drove by a homicide during my lunch hour. The body was still on the ground covered with a sheet. It just made me feel awful knowing I just saw a dead human being and knowing that his family and loved ones didn't even know he was dead yet. That freaked me out definitely. I don't think I could ever be a peace officer.

Knowing you from your blog and from your answers I know you don't have a tattoo...lol. I don't have any either. Have a Blessed Sunday.

susan said...

Keetha-I loved getting to know you! The trip to Africa sounds like a wonderful experience! I'm a pretty (read that really)conservative person too. I was with my MIL when she died. Though I would have thought it would freak me out, I really felt it was an honor and a gift I could give my husband. Thanks for sharing your answers!

Ann in the UP said...

Hmm. Interesting dichotomy there as an 18 year old teetotaller who goes on mission trips to Africa, but still judges date worthiness by the length of his trousers.

That does sound like an awful look, though, I must admit. Blind dates are not pleasant experiences in my memories....

The one surprise? That you somehow came close to being arrested. Thereby hangs a tale.

Sarah said...

I read every word, Keetha. Though have to agree that 58 is a bit much. :-) Blind dates ~ sorta met my husband on a blind date, and we were married within 3 months. We celebrate 35 years on Monday. Guess one might say it was a good one! LOL
~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Fifty eight questions? *falls over backwards and faints*

Di

lilmomma said...

I wish you had answered them all! I enjoyed reading your answers! Words don't frighten me! :) Besides, your answers led to funny stories. Which I read to the hubby. P.s. he said your hubby is brave to have been so bold about your lack of athletic ability. He said if he spoke to me that way he'd probably get smacked! Haha.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I earned a letter in HS - it was for Choir :) I exercised my vocals! You have such great stories. It's always a pleasure! I think you should have answered all 58 and then divided them up through several posts - but then again - some of the questions just had to be duds. Knowing you, you picked the best ones.

Kristin - The Goat

nancygrayce said...

Ummmmm.....you have NO tattoos? :) I enjoyed all your answers. The death one intrigued me because I feel the same way, but was with my FIL when he died. It was a strange experience to say the least. I would NOT go in and see my daddy after he died suddenly.

Theresa said...

Well, I know you even better now:)

Enjoy your Sunday and thanks for sharing your answers with me. I missed it the first time around!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading this post! I'd love to hear more about your Africa adventures. Thanks for sharing!

Tonja said...

I DID, I DID! Every word! These were great questions, too! And, I knew you wouldn't have a tattoo!

Lynn said...

...but if you got a tattoo, what would it be?

Be Colorful Coastal said...

What a fun way to get to know you better. I am not a tea totaller and I've never been to Africa. I don't remember cheating, and I have seen someone die but still, I think we could be great friends. What makes us different makes us interesting.
Thank you for stopping by and commenting at BeColorful.
Pam

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Mornin' Girlfriend...

I read every single word, my friend! Hehe! I'm not sure what other bloggers do...but I ALWAYS read every single word in the blogs! I just feel it's disrespectful not to! Anyway, I just love the blog games...especially the fun and almost always "odd" questions! Hehe! It's funny how much you can really learn about someone through these question games! Okay...I'm betting that since you are a pretty "conventional" person...you have NO tattoos! Hehe!

Thanks again for joining in with Sunday Favorites, dear lady! This was a fun post...I enjoyed it!!!

Love ya,
Chari @Happy To Design