Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Lest We All Sound Like Peeps on "The Best of Jaywalking"

.
One of my bloggy friends from overseas - - - YES, this is a blog of international "importance," - - - said she wasn't "up" on her US geography and wondered exactly what our upcoming move would LOOK like.

I'm not sure all of us are totally "up" on our US geography either. I mean once during an episode of "Jaywalking" on the Tonight Show, Jay went in the streets of New York City and asked people what direction they would go to travel from NYC to Florida and most didn't know.

There are A LOT of things that some people don't know.



There is one word in there I wouldn't have used - - - but then I HOPE I would have known the right one.

I would HATE for you, my bloggy peeps, to ever look that silly, so I'm going to solve any possible geography issues about the location of Indiana and Wisconsin right here and now.


(Map from usa.com)

First of all, I found this map using the bloggers best friend, google.

Next, I used all my technical skills to DRAW the path of our move right onto the map.

The lower star, which resembles a blob, is over Marion Indiana. The upper star, ditto the blob description, is over Wisconsin Rapids. You'll notice we're staying in the Midwest, moving northwest about 7 hours.

Now, before you leave this post, PLEASE make sure you know what direction one would travel in order to go from New York City to Florida.

Enjoy your day - - -


15 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

It is really scary to think people have such limited knowledge of their own country! When is the move? I know you are excited.

Anonymous said...

I LOVED the one, in a sick way, of the gal who couldn't count the number of stars on the flag!!! OMG....some of those folks HAD to be plants!!

I didn't realize you were MOVING!!! OMG...your lives are certainly changing this year!! Wow! That looks like a pretty "fer drive". When are you making the move......do you have to sell your house? OMG...I'd be going nuts!!!

Good luck and keep us posted!! dana

kyooty said...

Ok and for those Countries Boarding the USA? anyone? :P When will you move?

Maria said...

I am pleased we border with the USA. LOL Would be lovely.

Ann in the UP said...

Dang! I don't know whether to laugh or cry! I knew Americans were geographially challenged, but that is just depressing!

I am happy to hear about Australia being so near. I was wanting to travel there and dreading the long flight! Happy smile!!!

Angie said...

My word! After I saw that vid I felt much better about not knowing where your states are. Same here though. On shows like Weakest Link they ask questions like "If you stand outside the Odeon Leicester Square which county must you pass through to get to Ipswich, Suffolk?" That sort of thing and invariably they get it wrong. "Which four countries make up Great Britain?"...go on, I'm asking! Hands up. Tell you what. Arizona is way off where I thought it was. I thought it was about where Idaho is. Ooooh dear, it's a good job I'm not a homing pigeon - I'd need sat.nav!

j said...

I cracked up when the guy had the phrase on his shirt and didn't get the question. That would SO be me!

You know Keetha, I think you are going to experience some COLD winters way up there in Wisconsin. Maybe you and Fisherhubby should consider becoming snowbirds and buying a condo in say... I don't know... Gulf Shores Alabama? That is exactly south of Indiana (and 40 minutes south of ME).

shannon i olson said...

Stinkin' funny!! If I ever see Jay comin I will run the other way.
God loves stupid people to ya know :-) what a great laugh, thanks.

Anke said...

I'm sad to say, a friend of mine was once asked how long it would take to drive to Germany from the States. When she replied "you mean fly", she was told "no drive, I can't afford to fly". To me that's just as bad...

Theresa said...

Thanks for the map, I can use it:) I love the line you drew, you are one smart cookie! Have a fun day and start packing! HUGS!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Too funny Keetha!
Now where is Wisconsin again?
Hehe.
Get here soon, so we can do lunch and stuff!
Cindy

Tonja said...

Can't believe some of those folks! unbelievable! Thanks for the map, too. It helps me get a better picture of where we all are. Not that I always know where I am at given moment...but this should help me at least know where I m not!

Doris Sturm said...

OMG, this is hilarious...I was cracking up ... but then I was thinking about the state of our Nation and I am no longer wondering why we're in this mess...

Kristin - The Goat said...

I finally got the darned video to load!! It was worth the wait! There was a TV show called Street Smarts and it was a lot like Jay Walking. It's so sad...and yet, I heard someone say the other day that they had no idea who our VP was.

I have to admit that I couldn't remember who fiddled while Rome burned, but I do know that BYOB means Bring Your Own Bob :) She totally got that one wrong.

Kristin - The Goat

groovyoldlady said...

Oh my word. So after many moons of too-busy-ness, I finally came back to read a Keetha update. I was trying to read your latest post, but I kept hearing Jay Leno's voice. So I scrolled down to this post. And I laughed and laughed and laughed and laughed. And then I mourned. Are Americans REALLY that stupid? Good gravy - I'm glad I homeschool. At least my kids will know that if they're shakey on their geography, Alaska YOU for the answer so we can appear to be more intelligent than the average.