Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Isn't Shark Week OVER???

.

Apparently NOT for us!

Fisherhubby has the "spiritual gift" of DVRing, so I keep HEARING the same sharky things coming from the TV on a regular basis.

I try NOT to look.


(photo from mitch-made.blogspot.com)

Oh, don't get me wrong. I too am in awe of the power and might of these magnificent creatures.

I even know they are Chondrichthyes and therefore cartilaginous. (Not to be confused with Osteichthyes which are bony.)

I give them much respect and a wide berth.

However, I have seen enough sharks, enough blooody water, and enough mangled legs now to last me twenty lifetimes.

Yes, I said twenty.

I wish I could say this was a step up from his normal fare of World Fishing Network, but sorry to say, I can't see any improvement whatsoever.
.

16 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

No sharks or Orcas in Lake Michigan--at least I hope not. You asked which dunes. Ogden Dunes. Have a friend visiting her parents who live there.

Keep cool.

Best,
Bonnie

britt said...

I have to say, I'm with Greg on this one...

Anonymous said...

Hubby watches this kind of show over and over and over and over..... AND OVER.

Di

Tonja said...

To me it is enough to know Sharks=bad.....STAY AWAY ! But, evidently some folks need to watch the goriness and the teeth and the yuck over and over. Not me. I learn easily.

j said...

You would think with a 9 year old boy in the house, I would have watched Shark Week. Lucky me, I didn't see the first episode :)

kyooty said...

Didn't Shark week "jump the shark?" :P

Angie said...

Shark week - whatever next? We hardly give them a second thought over here, I have to say, though I think they might occasionally see one off the south coast. Actually, what ARE sharks good for?

Lynn said...

One week's worth of sharks sounds better than a lifetime of Law and Order....Du-DUNG.

Unknown said...

DVRing is a spiritual gift? My husband is so gifted with that too!

Theresa said...

I don't like sharks, ewwwweeeewwww! Don't look at those movies:)

Enjoy your evening my friend!

Ann in the UP said...

Count my blessings! A man who watches neither fishing shows nor carnage caused by sharks.

BUT, we've never missed a Law and Order, and as far as I can tell, they'll be in reruns until I'm on the Smuckers ad on early morning TV.

Plus another potential complaint--baseball, golf, and snail racing.

nancygrayce said...

I live in shark country! But I've never actually seen one except the small harmless ones. I sincerely hope I never do!

Eily Renee & Malakai Andrew Hawk said...

Miss Keetha! I knew I would find you here! What are you in to these days???

bj said...

oNE summer, our family went to the beach and played and fished. My son in law caught TWO (2) little sharks at the same time. All the kids were having a hissy fit.
I sure don't like big sharks, tho.

I guess because I AM olden, I use olden words...:))

Anonymous said...

In my house, it's hunting shows on the DVR:)and musky fishing is also taking over...i told Hubsthat you are moving, and he said we should come visit, he wants to get some fishing in:)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They are beautiful. I guess that is why I watch TV in my office.
However we don't have much time together!