Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Sunday Reruns - Anniversary Reprise

.


It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites."

Today I'm reposting something I wrote just before our 34th wedding anniversary last year. I have chosen this particular post for today because our children gave us a 35th anniversary celebration last Sunday, and several of you have commented about 35 years being unusual these days.

This is my "Long Marriages for Dummies" handbook - - - so to speak. :-)



The Missing Piece of the Puzzle
(First posted 5/18/09)


You left me such great and affirming comments about our 34 year (come Sunday) marriage. Thank you all!! (35 years now in 2010)


HOWSOEVERMUCH - - - I would be very remiss to all my "young" readers if I didn't share this little secret to a long and GREAT marriage - - - - Are you ready??? It's a very well kept secret and I wouldn't share it with just anyone - - - - Look closely - - - Here it is:

HARD WORK
No "Divorce" word in your vocabulary
HARD WORK
Commitment
HARD WORK

That's it. There is no short cut. There is no easy way out. Love is 95% commitment. The "feelings" come and go - - - but the commitment must REMAIN.


Oh - - - and a bit of humor sure helps get through the tough times.

And there WILL be tough times, you can COUNT on it.


That's the secret, and you won't learn it in movies, novels, or fantasies.

BUT - - - the end of the work is well worth it. I promise.

I know, I'm living it.

.

15 comments:

Dawn said...

Congratulations on 35 years. That's great! And you're right about hard work and commitment but I think the humor is the main thing that keeps us going.

Gotcha with my title today didn't I? Somehow I knew you couldn't resist a good title. Crocks are pretty tame by theselves but throw in a chicken love triangle and it just grabs you, huh?

KathyB. said...

Congratulations! This rerun is a good one, and I can most definitely see humor works wonders for you both~ thanks for the smiles and the wisdom.

podso said...

Maybe we should say, "great minds think alike." Congratulations again and this is a great post! Great wisdom here!

Theresa said...

So true! Hard work and NO DIVORCE, lots of laughs and tears when necessary:) That is what it takes! Lots of folks these days just quit too easily! We are in for the long haul and have been from the start!

Have a wonderful Sunday! HUGS!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Ah, we're gaining on you -- 32 years on Aug 27. Divorce isn't in our vocabulary either -- too much fuss and bother. By the time I could break in and train another husband, I'd be dead.
I've got too much effort invested in this one. :-)
long marriages -- they are grand.
Cass

Doris Sturm said...

Congratulations!!!! Wow, 35 years - that really is commitment! You two look happy together :-)Again, all the best for another 35 years!

Angie said...

Well, we just beat you at 39 years in October! You're right though, effort is all it takes. And establishing who's boss right at the start! Cass is right, you have too much invested in the one to even dream of any more. You'd be worn out. Learn to weather the storms, batten down the hatches and pull together (to be nautical about it) and leave out the D-word.

Beth said...

Keetha, This is an excellent post. So, so true! Ron and I will celebrate our 34th in October. Congratulations, Keetha!
Thanks for visiting and looking at and commenting on the coneflower virus. Your comments made ME excited! Thanks for the education. Have a great week,
Beth

ain't for city gals said...

Totally agree Keetha...It always amazes me how many couples have it in the back of their mind..whatever..I will just get a divorce! I think that would be a terrible life...the one thing I know for sure is that my hubby will always be there for me and I will always be there for him...we just wouldn't do something that would cause such a rift...my parents just celebrated their 60th..I hope to make that one year!

Tonja said...

so, so true. I think too many kids getting married today have nevver heard of or learned about comittment!

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Girlfriend...

Happy...Happy Anniversary and congratulations on 35 years, my friend!!! Loved your sweet photos! Especially love that last photo...Girl, I bet there is never a dull moment at your house! Hehe! You are ever sooo right! Having a great marriage requires lots of hard work and diligence! Hard work and commitment! Hard work and compromise! Ohhh boy, the list could go on and on...right?

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful anniversary post with us for Sunday Favorites, sweet friend!

Have a super Sunday!
Love ya,
Chari

Kristin - The Goat said...

Keetha, you are an inspiration. Commitment is easy enough, but do I have to live with him every day, too? :)

Kristin - The Goat

Debbiedoos said...

OK so I am a little late. Happy Anniversary. You still look happy:) That's a good thing!

Martin LaBar said...

So your marriage is old enough to be President? Congratulations!

Jane said...

You said it all....

Marty and I have been married 34 years, too...6/76. Most of the years have been good. Some GREAT, some ho-hum, but all have been worth it. It's special to be married to your best friend.