Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Sunday Reruns - Just For Laughs

.

It's Sunday again, and you know what THAT means!?! It's time for Sunday reruns!!! Thanks so much to Chari over at Happy to Design for hosting this meme, "Sunday Favorites."

Today I'm reposting a little silliness, imagine that, from my previous life. (That just means it already happened, not that I believe I've been recycled in the universe or anything like that) I figured since I was thinking deep disturbing thoughts YESTERDAY, that I'd better lighten the mood a bit today.

Hope you enjoy.



Camera Anxiety
(first posted 5/29/08)


Today I am suffering with camera anxiety. I mean, how does one know they have purchased the RIGHT camera? Hmmm?

My friend Vickie walked into a store, bought a new camera, and is perfectly content and happy with it. As far as I know she hasn't suffered one moment of camera anxiety over it.

Why can't I be like that? Well - - - maybe it's Vickie's fault!!!! I mean, she told me all about her camera and its features, and now I just can't be satisfied with mine!!! Let's blame it on her!!! ;-)


Here's the main thing that is BUGGING me about my new camera. Vickie's can recharge using the same little cord that attaches it to the computer to transfer pictures over from the camera to the computer. Oh no - - -mine CANNOT do that, instead I have to use this bulky contraption. True, my OLD camera couldn't even recharge the batteries AT ALL and I was buying little AA's all the time - - - so WHY can't I be satisfied with a rechargeable battery and this bulky gismo?


I did pick up this nice little camera case for my new camera - - - and I AM quite happy and content with it!!! So, why am I having all this angst over the camera itself?



I don't suppose it helped that I got THIS while out and about this morning. Why are THEY still in school??? How was I supposed to be thinking about THEM being in school when we are out? Of COURSE I was going faster than 20 mph. Thank goodness that policeman was so NICE he only gave me a warning.


So now I'm trying to decide if I should let these little feet (size 6 in case you're wondering) take me back out and about to see about exchanging for a DIFFERENT camera. Or maybe I'll wait a couple of days and keep working with this one to see if I do or don't like some other features. But - - - WHAT TO DO!?!

Yes, these pictures were all taken with the new camera. I know the ticket is kinda blurry - - - I must have used a wrong setting or something. New camera has A LOT of those.

(Editor's note on 8/10/10: I did NOT end up keeping that camera perhaps there will be a later rerun about the one I DID keep and which I am now about ready to replace for an upgrade.)

.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera are you using now? A camera (or anything technological) should never cause angst... they are meant to be easy to use, not to create problems.

Di

Jane said...

I am looking for a new camera, too. Keep us posted...

Thanks for your editorial comment re: Bear Bryant. You have to realize how difficult it is for me to even type his name...we're AUBURN people!!! There's even a song about "chasing the Bear all over Birmingham". :-)
Jane

ain't for city gals said...

I need a new camera and I keep putting it off ....I have like the original digital point and shoot but...I know how to use it..lol...a phone camera has more pixels than mine!!

Theresa said...

I am ready for an upgrade too. The digital camera that I am using has a screen the size of a postage stamp:) Enjoy your day and share what camera you ended up with!

Have a blessed day!

Alicia said...

Cute post. I love your little shoes. You are so lucky to have just gotten a warning. I don't think police in California know how to warn!

Cherry Chick said...

Keetha,
Digital cameras have come a long way since 2008 so hopefully you are not as anxious anymore.
I use a little Canon Powershot with Image Stabilizer. It has 4x optical zoom and 10 mega pixels. I invested in the pricey ultimate lithium batteries that really do seem to last longer than the inexpensive ones.
The thing about photography is that you need a good knowledge of the powers of your camera and good editing software. I've found that learning to change the lighting choices and not always using the auto selection has made a big difference in how my pictures turn out. Using the right background colors, and the right light bulbs when taking photos of my jewelry has made a big difference, too. I look at older photos now and cringe. Like most things you have to "learn" what it takes to get the best output.
I hope you are enjoying your newer camera.

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Girlfriend...

Ohhh...you always make me smile, my friend! I love your pretty flowered flip-flops! I nearly called them "thongs"...eeeks! Remember when we did call them thongs? Hehe!

Hmmm...my camera uses a different divice for recharging the battery...and yet another for downloading the photos to the computer as well. I didn't even know there was a camera with just one cord! Thanks, Girlfriend...now I'm not satified with my camera either! Hehe! Seriously though...I am going to look for another. The thing that I'm not happy about with my present camera is that I just can't get good, clear photos if the lighting isn't "just right"! I really have developed an interest in photography since blogging. I think I enjoy the photography more! Anyway...shoot me an email when you get a chance and let me know what camera you did decide on...if you don't mind!

Thank you so much for joining in with Sunday Favorites again this week, sweet lady! Always such a joy and pleasure to have you!!!

Have a super Sunday, my friend!
Chari @Happy To Design

shannon i olson said...

I want a new camera!
I want the money for a new camera!
But ....I too would probably buy the wrong one, and only use one setting, my dad just showed me how I can zoom in on a photo on my screen, on the simple outdated camera I have owned for 6 years.

Mollye said...

Well sister, I don't know about your camera but you sure have some cute little piggies!

Kristin - The Goat said...

You are just so funny - Only you could write about the purchase of a camera and make it so darn entertaining!

I now have charging station envy. I have a giant recharger for my camera.

From the Kitchen said...

I'm in the midst of buying-a-new-camera angst! I'm thinking maybe I should read the manual on my old camera first!!

Best,
Bonnie

Unknown said...

Wow...size 6, huh? I was a 10 before babies and thought that was big...now that there's been 7 babies...well, I wear flip flops a lot. Ha!

Have a wonderful night!

Sarah