Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why Do You Do That?!?!

.


That's what a well meaning,
Kindly soul asked me at church one Sunday.
He was, of course, speaking about my blog.

"Why would anyone want to do that,
Put pictures of their life
And talk about it on the internet
For all the world to see?"
Was his exact question - - -

It gave me pause for thought.
Why DO I DO THIS?
Why do I WANT to???

Others answer this question
In a variety of ways - - -
Some blogs TEACH
Some blogs PREACH
Some blogs are a PLATFORM
Some blogs SELL

If any of that happens on this blog,
It is purely accidental.


I blog because
It brings me great joy.


I blog because
It brings a smile to my face,
And to yours too I hope.


I blog because I can.
I can't dance,
I can't sing,
I certainly can't run.


But I can blog.


It is the bestest hobby
On the planet.



And since I already have my lappy
And my digi cam
And the internet,


It doesn't cost me anything either.
And THAT makes me smile.


Those are all the reasons
I STARTED blogging - - -


But since I started,
I've learned MORE reasons - - -


And all of those new reasons
Revolve around Y - O - U!!!


I blog to get comments
FROM YOU


And to get added to
YOUR favorites list


And to be followed
BY YOU.


And to hear from YOU
That something I posted

On my little ole blog
Brought a smile to YOUR face


Or actually made YOU
Laugh right out loud!!


Because really,
Isn't this blogging thing


All about community????

It is for me!
YOU are my community,
And I LOVE YOU!

That is why I blog.

.

35 comments:

Jewel said...

You forgot the picture of you in my recent blog.. it's classic. it should be added here. =)
you know.. right click.. save.. upload. ;)

haley said...

i laughed out loud and this whole blog! those pictures made me so happy! :)

i for one can't imagine life without keetha's blog! maybe some day MY blog will be that cool!!!!!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Jewel, don't ya thing ONE cyber posting for the entire UNIVERSE to see of that picture is quite enough???

Haley - - - your blog ALREADY IS as cool as mine. I LOVE IT!!!! I'm so glad you got inspired to start one.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Well said, my friend Keetha. I couldn't have said it better myself. And BTW- YOu always make me smile! ALWAYS!

Keri said...

I probably would have punched that guy in the FACE!!!

Ok...maybe not! :) I kid.

But now I'm going to go to Jewel's blog and find out what this picture is!!!

Shauna said...

AWESOME! I am so glad you do blog!
♥ Hugs :)

Nancy said...

... and your community loves you too!
PLUS, you allow the "reserved" ones in your community to live vicariously through your gregarious personality. (and we thank you)

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you all for the kind comments!!!!

Pamela said...

I am glad you blog because when my daughter Deven talks about you (always good stuff, of course)
I feel I know you better.

You are funny and I do enjoy reading your blog.

Have a wonderful day.

pscole3467 at gmail dot com

Julie said...

I love this post and the fact that you blog! I wouldn't have found you as a "bloggy" friend if it wouldn't have been for blogging.

Love your blog-it always makes me smile!

BTW: I was trying to get Craig to sign up for FB the other night he said he will sign up when you do. I suppose he'll start watching "The Office" when you do too!

Kristin - The Goat said...

OMGoodness, I was laughing hysterically. You are just so sweet. The pictures you posted were so wonderful and funny and great and full of JOY!

It's been such a pleasure to get to know you & to have you as a regular on my blog, too.

I blog because I don't have a job - well, I'm un-hire-able! I've worked for myself too long and I don't do well with corporate rules LOL (Just kidding - sort of) I blog because I love to chat with people.

Erin said...

I started blogging to keep friends and family updated on wedding plans. I never thought about meeting new friends, but that's what happened. And that's what makes it fun! Now, off to find this mystery picture. :)

Erin said...

I found it! I found it! And weren't you an 80s cutie. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

It's so cool that we ALL love blogging and for almost the SAME reason - - - EACH OTHER!!!

Erin, thanks so much for saying I was an 80's cutie, I was certainly a LOT thinner then - - -

haley said...

awww thanks keetha! if my blog has the "other mom" seal of approval i know it's good! :) and i'm glad you and keri inspired me to start a blog! it's so fun!!!!!

nancygrayce said...

I'll have to pass this along to my cousin who asked me why I would put my entire life out there! Although, I must admit that sometimes I preach :), I never teach....I can't do any of that other stuff either, and besides this is fun!

The real bonus is that if something needs praying about, you immediately have tons of people praying....love it!!!

Anonymous said...

Great post! Thanks for the smile sugar plum! My hubby says he is the oldpoop like the tag says! LOl!

Keetha Broyles said...

Minpin- - - I saw that "OldPoop" tag in the parking lot of a retirement apartment complex in Marshfield, WI. I LOVED it.

Tonja said...

Great reasons, all. And, btw...I'm glad you do!

I can't find my blog said...

The essence of blogging right there! So glad that I've found you, Friend!

Deven said...

Oh, Keeps. I think your blogging obsession is fabulous. Rock on, sister-friend.

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh my - - - all my bloggy friends are gettin' rowdy tonight!!! By that I mean - - - you are all making me feel SOOOOOO good with your positive feedback!!!

Anonymous said...

I too am so glad you have a blog!!! I enjoy your thots, and crazy zest for life! I have been blessed to make a new friend, a love you for it!!!!You are a REAL person and and you LIVE life! You go girlfriend!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

You mean I'm NOT a Velveteen Rabbit?????

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hi Keetha,

I think perhaps you ARE the Velveteen Rabbit, quite real and well-loved, only with less of your fuzz worn off.

You blog (as Paula Deen says about using butter) because you CAN!

And don't stop. OK? Keep on blogging!

Cass

Anonymous said...

You could run for President and win with all of your blog fans.

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Angie - - -you are a tad biased.

Mark O Wilson said...

And I'm glad you do!

Shannon said...

I just love all your pictures!!

Kim Sue said...

me too! ditto! exactly! great post and terrific pictures. It was a terrific way to get goint this morning!

groovyoldlady said...

:-D

Anonymous said...

My goodness,where have I been?Yep,i love blogging too.for all the reasons you said...ann

linda t said...

I love that you blog!!!
And you are just the cutest ever!

Shoemaker Family said...

This MAY be THE FUNNIEST blog post I have ever read!

Keetha Broyles said...

Wooo to the Whooo Allison!!! Thanks so much!!!