Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, March 20, 2009

My Own Wolf Pack

.
No, even though this is March Madness
I am NOT talking about NC State.

I have my own Wolf Pack
Made up of some of my Sophomore students.

It was one of those things that started
As an unplanned coincidence
And then took on a life of its own.

Yesterday on my way home from school,
Two of my students happened
To be driving down the by-pass next to me.

Oh they had fun honking and waving
And following me.

Today at school they asked me what I thought - - -
I said, "You are a WOLF PACK"
And held my hands up in mock "W's"

Next thing I knew,
The Wolf Pack was the talk of the town
Well, of the hallways anyway.

So - - - today when I headed home,
This whole trailer of
Wolf Pack vehicles followed me.

And here are the wolves themselves:


Lauren and Matt


Jake


Zac


Nate, AKA Victor


Oh they did create their own fun following me.
Do you see them HOWLING here?
Can you believe they spent their first afternoon
Of Spring Break following a TEACHER?!?


What boring lives they must lead
If I am excitement!


They followed me as I wound through the park,
then tailed me to the pharmacy
Where they purchased
The necessary supplies to
Redecorate my Durango.


A couple of them posed with me
For this group self-portrait.


Then they followed me home
Where they stood and admired their handy work.


I'm going to "wear"
This new outfit for a while - - -
All except the "Zach"
On the driver's side window - - -
It was misspelled AND blocked my view.














And of course, these "X's" had to go - - - can't have those covering up my pride!!!

What a fun bunch of kids.

.

19 comments:

Tonja said...

Kids...gotta love 'em! I think it says a lot about how much they think of you if they love you enough to follow you around and have fun with you!

My spring break starts today, too! Yeah!

Brenda said...

That's great! They love you, that's obvious. Otherwise it might've been eggs!

Jewel said...

those little kids have drivers licenses?!?!

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes ma'am Jewel - - - those LITTLE KIDS are 16 and 17.

Brenda - - - shhhhhhh don't give them any egg ideas!!!

I can't find my blog said...

How great to have such a good relationship with your students. They are lucky kids to have such a great teacher!

Keetha Broyles said...

Awwww, Thank you Headless!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

That's just too funny - Guess there isn't much to do in Marion! Haha

It's great that you have got cheering students following you!!

Shannon said...

I can't believe they all drive now!! They must really love you!

Martin LaBar said...

Boring can be good.

Keri said...

HAHAHA that's too funny!

haley said...

there's one picture in this bunch i don't particularly care for... any guesses as to which one????

Keetha Broyles said...

Haley - - - I'd guess the one where you can READ Nate's shirt that says "Ohio State." I asked him about that today - - - he's not even an OSU fan, just liked the shirt.

nancygrayce said...

I think it's really impressive that they like their teacher so much! Those kids are driving very nice vehicles!

Nancy said...

Ditto on the nice vehicles! A little scary being surrounded by teen drivers, but such fun. They must love you bunches.

Julie said...

I love this post! You must have a lot of fun at school! It's obvious your students really love having you as a teacher.

j said...

An EXCELLENT bunch of kids! Great photos! Looks like they keep you young.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Keetha- I think your students muct feel so lucky to get you as a teacher! Your so fun and your passion for life is contagious!

haley said...

YEP, that's the one!!! for a second i thought my retina's had been completely burned right out of my eye. and i'm fairly certain that's not even possible.

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Haley!!! You're such a goose!!!
:-)