Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, March 26, 2009

I'm Having the Vista Malfunctioning Blues

.


I heard through the grapevine that some folks had trouble with their Windows Vista. I have had my lappy for a year and a half now, with nary a problem, so I assumed the "bugs" were worked out BEFORE I got this computer.

Alas and Alack, I assumed WAY TOO SOON.

When lappy saves updates, it does NOT let me know where it saved them, and it does NOT automatically install them.

While I was having that short "fling" with Mr. Marriott, my flash player got uninstalled when I thought it was updating. I also need to download a newer version of my antivirus program. I have tried and tried to do both - - - and the files download just fine, but then they are saved to who knows where, never to be found by the most elaborate of searches, and so they do me absolutely no good.

I thought it was just my own computer illiteracy that was the problem - - - but number one daughter just spent about an hour trying to help me and it is even beyond her prowess. She looked for help online and found that LOTS of other folks are having this exact same problem.

Now what to do ? ? ?

Later Update:

Baby boy came home from college and FIXED all my problems in less than 5 minutes.

Don't I feel foolish!!!!

If you are having Vista download problems - - - search for "downloads" instead of the NAME of the download.

:-)

.

8 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Save up for a Mac.

Just sayin'.

Keetha Broyles said...

But I don't LIKE Mac.

groovyoldlady said...

However, Mac won't let you down!

Go Macs! Go Macs! Go Macs!

Anonymous said...

When I first got mine,it's a vista.I didn't like it at all.I have had it 1.5 yrs now.I don't remember the other anymore,I'm so used to this now.In my opinion for me.I think we just need to get used to them.At first all I did was fuss.My dh said,"it's better than nothing."You know what?It sure is.hahaha

Keetha Broyles said...

Ann, I LOVE my little lappy, and now that baby boy has taught me HOW to find my downloads on it, I like it even better!!! Like I said, this is the first time in a year and a half that Vista has given me any problems.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

sooooo glad he worked it out.
My sidebar: it just came back as mysteriously as it moved to the bottom. I did nothing! Isnt that bizarre. Just glad it fixed cuz I was in a stir. LOL!

Keetha Broyles said...

YOU ARE KIDDING ME!?!?!

NONE of my computer issues have EVER mended themselves.

Toooooooo funny.

I'm glad it's back.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

CRAZY! I was lucky. I dont know what happened either time. Weird.