Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

I Came, I Walked, I Conquered!!!!

.

For six months I've been carrying this little "Y" membership tag around on my key chain. It was in totally pristine, unused condition - - - because, well, to me exercise is a four letter word.


But because I'm "all about" being healthy (those of you who know me in person, STOP CHOKING on your laughter right now!!!) I decided to join my friend, Diane, for an early Saturday morning walk around the Y gym track.


Here is my PROOF that it actually was morning and that I actually did go - - - if you know Marion, or if you Google Planet our fair town and search out the Y, you will see that I HAD to be facing East to take this picture, so it has to be a sunrise and not a set - - - - that's all the proof I've got!!!

Also, check out the time stamp on this post, (I PROMISE I didn't alter it) take into consideration the fact that I had to go to the Y, let my feet do the walkin', return home, edit and resize my photos, and THEN make this post - - - - and you'll see I had to be quite an early bird this morning!!!

For those of my blog readers who used to live here in our fair town - - - this is our new YMCA, just opened this fall. Can you tell what famous Marion Icon was revamped to become the Y????

By the way - - - that is my candy-apple red Wisconsin Badgermobile Durango in the parking lot on the right side of this picture - - - further proof of my presence there.


This used to be the Marion Coliseum, home of the historical, famous Marion Easter Pageant. It has been restored and refurbished into a really lovely Y. I'm SO GLAD they kept the architectural details on the face of the building.

They added this new wing on the south east side, just in front of the river.

Now for one last shocking announcement before this post is finished:

Diane and I have made plans to walk two days during the week (BEFORE SCHOOL) and Saturdays. It is our new "routine."

I'll let you know how it goes - - - -

.

19 comments:

KBeau said...

Hope you can stick to your walking program. We have a group (well, it's dwindled to three of us) who walk at night. We haven't been too good since Christmas--someone sick, too cold, etc. This week we started back on our routine.

Anonymous said...

I wish you luck.Everybody got a kick out of your pink elephant joke,ha...Ann

Anonymous said...

I love to walk here on our country road,just me and the dog! Good for you, getting out and walking as fast you can talk, right?!Have fun!

Brenda said...

Good to hear about getting onto the exercise wagon!
My mom worked for 10 or so years as a lifeguard at the "Y". She didn't even know how to swim until she was in he 30's. Still amazes me.

j said...

Hi! Just wanted to let you know that I have gone private for a short time. It seems that my blog was HACKED. I am not sending out invites until I know exactly what to do. Just wanted to let you know that you are not being excluded from Dust Bunny Hostage :) "I'll be back!"

Keetha Broyles said...

Wow, Jennifer, how ironic that you left me this message right at this moment!!! I was just trying to get onto your blog and got the private message.

I'll miss you!!! If you decide to stay private, I'd love to be "invited" to still visit.

Nancy said...

Yay for you, Keetha. I'm somewhat scared to remind you that research shows you will have more energy once on your exercise plan -- I cannot imagine you with more energy! (smiles) Way to go, girl!!

Ooh, ooh, I just thought of one more benefit ... you will burn more calories with exercise, so you are conditioning for the opening of CULVER'S! What's the progress on the building project?

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL!!! I have no exercise goals except to start walking 3 times a week to counteract my sedentary life style!!!!

But I DO like your Culvers idea!!! So far, no new progress. There is still a gaping hole there, with a sign that says "Culvers coming" and a digger sitting there. Oh, there is a LITTLE progress - - - all the puddles and ponds that had collected from our many Indiana rains have dried up and drained away - - - perhaps now they can get started on the actual building!

haley said...

YAY!!! you're jumping on the excercise bandwagon! welcome:) now you can come to bluffton and walk with keri and i too!!!! FUN TIMES!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I don't know if I'd go as far as calling it the EXERCISE bandwagon - - - I'm WALKING. That's all.

We're going again tomorrow morning at 5:30 BEFORE school.

Damselfly said...

Ugh, it takes real dedication to get up early and try to make your body move. It gets easier the more you do it. At least, that's the way I remember ....

It would be great to have a Y around here.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

YOU GO GIRL! I am soooo proud of you!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

That is seriously the biggest YMCA I've ever seen.

Seriously!

Go get 'em...

Keetha Broyles said...

Notice my time stamp - - -

I HAVE MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT - - - I'm up now to BLOG and have my devos, then I'm off to the Y by 5:30 to get these boots a walkin'

It is a really lovely Y, ya'll come walk with me!!!

groovyoldlady said...

Hmmm. Well this debunks my theory that you only watch sports because there is nothing to DO in Marion...

Keri said...

MOM! I don't know how I missed this post. I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I wish I lived closer so we could walk together!

I had no clue your new Y was in the old coliseum! Seeing these pictures brought back memories of being there at 4 morning, getting ready for the pageant, and being so excited I could hardly stand it! Being in that pageant is one of my fondest memories of my childhood. I LOVED IT! And of course Uncle Joe has made the song "Jerusalem" infamous. :)

Keri said...

Oh and I forgot to add...you were cracking me up with the way you felt the need to PROVE to the world at such lengths that you were in fact there. As if any of us who know you would ever even consider a lie coming out of your mouth (or fingers).

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Keri - - - but I thought you'd think I was KIDDING - - - ME, WALKING early in the morning!?!

Today it was 5:30 and we walked two miles in 25 minutes.

I know - - - as I was looking at the pageant pictures, I thought about the Palm and Garland girls - - - I think I found them in one picture. And Kelly was in it once I think too.

JudyBug said...

Good for you! We are the worst here. We start back, walk several days and then something comes up...and we're not walking. We need to start back NOW!

I promise I will never color my food green!
JudyBug