Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Two Odds and One End

.
ODD ONE - My SECOND Bloggy Win Ever:

Headless was giving away these little readers,
I won them
And they arrived today
Complete with a special little
Personal note!!!

Thank you, Headless.
I can't wait to read them to Mackinley.


ODD TWO - Something New in my Sidebar:

Perhaps you have somehow missed the fact
That I'm somewhat of a sports nut.
In fact - - - MORE than crime dramas
(Which I DO love on TV)
I love "Around the Horn"
And "PTI" on ESPN.
My weekday just isn't complete
If I miss them.

So, in honor of one of my favorites,
The Honorable Woodrow Paige,
I am adding a list of
His chalkboard sayings
To my sidebar.

I wasn't sure you could actually
SEE and READ this lovely icon
Miniaturized in the sidebar,
So I'm showing it to you
Here in nearly life-size.

(At the bottom of the photo,
There is a URL of a site where
You can, if interested, create your
Own such icon.)


END - All in a Day at School:

Please take this story in the spirit of
Fun with which it is intended.

One day in my sixth grade science class,
In an effort to add some HUMOR to my
Cajoling of a few of the students
Prone to blurting out of turn,
I asked if I needed to get a "blurter's hat."

Far from being "put off"
By the idea,
They all chorused "YES!!!"
Which was followed by several girls
Volunteering to MAKE hats for me.

The very next day they appeared
Three hats in hand.

Today, just before the
"End of class" bell,
We had our FIRST model.

I fear rather than deter
The problem,
This may become
A sought after "Treat."

Gotta love these kids!!!

.

13 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Thank you! You are really special to me and I'm thrilled that I could pass the books to you.

And Oh My Goodness I looooove Woody Paige. Since I grew up in the Denver area he and I go waaaaay back.

Oh, and the hats are funny, too!

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm glad you love Woody - - - he is hubby's and my FAVORITE of all of them. I WAIT in anticipation for each chalk board change. Don't know WHY I didn't think of this SOONER!!!

Jewel said...

Hey everybody I'm a blurter?!
hahaha!

Keetha Broyles said...

That's what the girls put on that hat!!! I thought it was funny too. Sixth grade - - - remember THOSE days?

Keri said...

Yeah. I would definitely WANT a Blurter hat. LOL

Keetha Broyles said...

Don't worry, he only had it on for about 60 seconds.

Nancy said...

Oh, I think you've started something in your classroom ;-).

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes - - - I''m not sure it will work to DETER the problem, but it will be something with which we can all have a bit of fun.

groovyoldlady said...

I could use a "Rudely finishes her husband's sentences" hat. You got one of those?

Keetha Broyles said...

Groovy - - - I don't HAVE one, but I know just where to get one "designer" made for you.

E-mail me with your snail mail addy and it will be in the mail SOON.

And I am SERIOUS about that!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Hats -smile!
Win- Congrats, Keetha!

Lauri said...

Very funny blog. I got directed this way by Groovy.
Lauri

http://thoughtsfrombotswana.blogspot.com

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for coming by, Lauri, and for leaving a comment AND for letting me know how you found me!!!