Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, March 29, 2009

Fifth Sunday Dinner

.

Whenever there is a fifth Sunday in the month, my dad hosts a family dinner. We weren't a very large crowd today but the food was yummy and we had a great time anyway.


Sister Pam and Dad (Peepaw) getting things ready.


Our youngest, Kyle
(Actually this picture was taken before the event)


Mackinley does not forget
This box of toys which Peepaw
Keeps for the great grans.


Piper and mommy, Keri
(Mommy is our firstborn)


Piper and Uncle Kelly
(Kelly is our second born,
He's our oldest son)


Piper and Great Auntie Pam


Someone is grazing right out of the
Relish tray!!!!















Can you tell these two are brothers?
G. Kelly and J. Kyle
Yep - - - I'm THAT kind of mom,
I have a PATTERN to how I
Named my children.

.

14 comments:

Nancy said...

I love the Fifth Sunday idea -- great that everyone knows in advance to plan. Hmmm.... have to think of some ideas. Everyone looks great - especially that agile fellow in his prime.

Keri said...

It was so nice to see everyone today! Especially nice having BOTH of my brothers there!! :)

j said...

AWESOME pictures. Your fifth Sunday meal sounds like fun!

Simply Debbie said...

DEAR KEETHA,
I HAVE A FRIENDSHIP AWARD FOR YOU ON MY BLOG...IF YOU HAVE A BLOG THAT DOESN'T ACCEPT AWARDS THAT IS OKAY BUT YOU ARE WORTHY ANY WAY OF A FRIENDSHIP AWARD.
I LOVED LOOKING AT THE PICTURES OF YOUR FAMILY. THAT LITTLE ONE IS MIGHTY SWEET AND TOO CUTE FOR WORDS. ANOTHER FUNNY THING BETWEEN YOUR KELLY AND MY RICH IS BY ALL RIGHTS RICH SHOULD BE BALD ON TOP...HIS DAD IS, HIS UNCLE WAS, AND HIS PAPA AT THE AGE OF 20 IN THE NAVY WAS CALLED POPS BECAUSE HE WAS TOTALLY BABLD ON TOP........MY DADDY HAS FULL, THICK WAVY HAIR AS WELL AS ALL OF HIS BROTHERS....THERE IS NO MALE BALDING ON MY MOTHER OR DADDY'S SIDE.......I HAVE THICK HAIR...I THINK RICH GOT HIS SAVING GRACE FROM ME (FOR HAIR THAT IS....JESUS FOR HIS SALVATION)......THEY SAY THE MOTHER CARRIES THE GENE...I NEVER COULD UNDERSTAND THAT WHEN IT IS THE MALE THAT GOES BALD....I LOVE MY HUSBANDS BALD HEAD.......IT HAS NEVER BOTHERED HIM OR MY FATHER IN LOVE BUT MY SON WOULD HAVE A HARD TIME ADJUSTING TO IT...HE IS A TAD VAIN.
WELL I HAVE BLABBERED ENOUGH.
HUGS
debbie

groovyoldlady said...

I find it humorous that debbie yelled at you all in caps then signed her name in lowercase. :-)

I like the fifth friday idea. Nice way to get the gang together without holiday stress.

Brenda said...

How fun and a great idea. Lovely family you have. Piper is such a cutie as well as your other grandchild.
So what do the initials stand for?

Kristin - The Goat said...

Of course I ran to my calendar to find all of the 5 Sunday Months -- so your Dad is hosting dinner in May and November...I wish I could say to set an extra place for me - your family looks like a lot of fun.

Keetha Broyles said...

Debbie - - - the reason the baldness comes through the MOTHER is because that particular gene is located on the "X" chromosome, on the leg that there isn't a matching gene on the "Y", so all a male needs to get is ONE gene on the ONE "X" from his mama and he's bald.

Groovy - - - Shhhhhhh, I don't think Debbie knows about the all caps being yelling thing - - - she posts all her blogs that way too. Fifth Fridays would be nice, but we do Sundays ;-)

Brenda - - G is Gregory and J is Johnathan.

Kirby, I'm sure you'd be MORE than welcome at ANY of our dinners!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Love the name Piper. Love, love, LOVE! :-) And I love that you all do 5th Sundays together...How great is that?!

Keetha Broyles said...

Laura - - - THANKS for loving Piper's name. Her whole name is Piper Renae. The 5th Sunday dinner was my dad's idea.

JudyBug said...

What a neat idea. We have a 5th Sunday Singing at church and local churches get together. I love your dad's idea. What a wonderful family!

I did go sit in my car outside of the library just to check mail and get a quick puter fix! I'm back!
JudyBug

Keetha Broyles said...

JudyBug, I KNOW you are glad to get your computer up and running again!!! Whew - - - no more quick trips to McD's parking lot or the library or wherever just to get that cyber fix!!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, no!~ I dont see my comment, maybe I posted it below...going to check. I winder if it didnt post?

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Leigh - - - you posted it ABOVE on the next post. No problem, I figured it all out and this way you had to leave me TWO comments instead of just one - - - more JOY for me!!!