Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Because I Have My Priorities STRAIGHT!!

.




Mr. Marriott is not our friend.
Oh no he is NOT!!

Hubby has a medical conference
For the next two days here
In the Marriott at Keystone Crossing
In Indianapolis.

So - - - since I'm on spring break,
I decided I'd come with him
And blog in the lovely hotel room
And lie in the comfy bed and read
And blog
And read
And eat
And blog
And read
And eat
And walk.

Well - - - upon check-in,
I asked that all important question:
"Do you have free Wi Fi?"

We have stayed in many other hotels.
Some of them greater, some of them lesser.
ALL of them had free Wi Fi
(Hampton, Doubletree, Grand Stay.
and Sleep Inn to name a few)
ALL OF THEM HAD FREE WI FI.
All of them.

Oh, but NOT Mr. Marriott.
Mr. Marriott is charging me
(Well, he's charging this room)
Nearly 10 dollars a day for Wi Fi.
That's 10 buckaroonies a DAY.

But I, my dear bloggy friends,
I have my priorities STRAIGHT,
I am paying the piper
Nearly 20 smackers just
So I can play in blogland.

Because dear bloggy buddies,
I HAVE MY PRIORITIES STRAIGHT!!!!

Oh, and hubby is quite upset
To find that they do not have
The World Fishing Network
On cable here either.
He's been reduced to watching
Planet Earth, poor baby.

And did I mention
There's no free breakfast either.
I shall be forced to lose weight.

Like I said,
MR. MARRIOTT IS NOT OUR FRIEND.

.

17 comments:

Shannon said...

What a rip!! Even McDonalds has free wifi- I think, well some do. So you need to go a walking with mr lappy and see where you can get you some free wifi!!! Like right now, and always, I bum from Asbury Seminary's wifi. Poor seminary students can't afford to pay for it!

Keetha Broyles said...

Well Shannon, when we were in FL last spring staying with dear F-I-L, he did not have Wi Fi either, so I went to McDonalds and paid like $2 for 2 hours. That worked.

BUT - - - that isn't the POINT here. I came here to be LAZY - - - to lounge around in my hotel room IN MY JAMMIES FOR GOODNESS SAKES and BE entertained by others' blogs and ENTERTAIN others with my blog.

So - - - it was a no brainer. I had to PAY.

But never fear - - - I have also e-mailed Mr. Marriott with the MOST KIND suggestion that it would be wise to include Wi Fi in the price of the room because MOST other hotels do.

And TRUST ME - - - from now on when we make hotel reservations, THAT WILL BE THE FIRST QUESTION I ASK.

We're just sorta "stuck" this time 'cause hubby's conference is here.

Brad, Carmen, Braylen and Alea Fleck said...

no internet and no breakfast? what are they thinking???? at least you have a big comfy bed!!

Nancy said...

It's nice to know you have your priorities straight. In your email to Mr. Marriott, did you say something like, "If you don't include wi-fi, I will stay at the Motel 6, and I mean it!" That will let him know who is the boss!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Well I am just glad you are paying...really though, should we all go in together on this one? I can sponsor you a few bucks...certainly someone else can too.
We stayed at one back in the fall and I too was irritated at having to pay. Its a business hotel, people conduct business. I guess they know they can get it. It is a fleecing of bloggers thats for sure.

Shauna said...

Oh man! I am sorry about that!
Thanks for coming to visit my blog!
♥ Hugs :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I have paid $25 a night for crappy hotel internet, just because I HAD to be connected.

I did leave a hotel once because they didn't have TNT and there was a NASCAR race I wanted to see on TNT that evening. LOL

We all have priorities.

Why don't you go to my Aunts house and use her internet - she's in Indianapolis. Or better yet, you should have mentioned it earlier and she would have come over and used the sauna or hot tub at the Marriott LOL and maybe she would have paid you the $20 for letting her come over haha

I'm sorry your Badgers didn't win - but I hope you've had a lovely weekend.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I forgot something -- I loved the "Forced Weightloss" comment LOL That's the first thing that comes to mind when I find a hotel doesn't have breakfast - Oh darn, I'll have to lose weight.

I stay up so late at night usually that I almost always sleep through breakfast. Those block out curtains help - I never know what time it is in a hotel room.

j said...

LOL! Not funny but written well and made me LOL just the same.

But no internet or having to pay so much is not funny.

But still LOL.

groovyoldlady said...

Geepers. I thought Marriots were supposed to be NICE hotels! You should definitely rate them online and warn other intrepid souls.

Julie said...

The hubby had a conference a few weeks ago at an Embassy Suites, and I went along for the same thing-being lazy and blogging!

You guessed it: NO FREE WI-FI! Very, very annoying!

I resorted to going shopping, which normally would have been an ok thing, but I am preggo, tired, and was looking forward to a low-key day!

I could have paid, but it was more the principle of the matter (and I'm sure the company would have been less than thrilled to pay for my internet access!) Sorry about the long comment, can you tell I feel your pain?!

Keetha Broyles said...

To All the above commenters: This is a business/conference hotel and I'm sure they can "get" the $$$$ from the hotel patrons, so I'm sure my little e-mail to Mr. Marriott did absolutely no good.

I HAD to pay - - - I came here to blog, and blog I will!!!

Besides - - - look how many comments I got from all of you over this post!!!!! Woooo to the Whooooooo - - - it was worth EVERY PENNY!!!!

Also - - - some companies scan blogs for key words about themselves (oh, you know, like their NAME) and now just look, if they find this post we've ALL had our say.

Keri said...

WHOA!!!

Makes me thankful for Jason's Verizon card. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes - - - I really want one of those, but I keep hearing how expensive they are, and that they are on like a year contract.

Jerri junque said...

What did we do before Blogs?????Really, I want to know. I am off Today and trying to get caught up on my e-mails and I would have paid to do it. Actually I do.

Kim Sue said...

I'm saying
sleep
eat
blog
read
ditto
ditto
ditto
sounds like the life

Keetha Broyles said...

It's a LOVELY spring break life, and worth every penny of the $20 I had to pay for internet.