Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Thrifty Thursday - Treasure Hunt

.


Thanks to our dear Miss
Leigh,
"Big Daddy's Girl" as
I call her -
- - we are
gathering again to play
"Thrifty Thursday"



* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

A tisket a tasket,
A little china basket.
It has violets of blue
Especially for you!

I use it to hold my rings.


Since my maiden name is Heavilin,
I've always wanted some Johann Haviland china,
You know - - - just in case he's a long lost relative,
Or something.
Then one day I spied these little beauties
In an antique shop - - -
Six berry bowls and a dessert plate.


This china hat box
Came to me one fine Mother's Day
Filled with a delicate flower arrangement.
The flowers faded and died - - -
But the hat box is still perfect!


This pitcher came from my
Beloved Burr Camp.
(If you missed my camp story check here.)
Unfortunately, the bowl was long gone.
I started looking in antique shops for
JUST a bowl - - - and found this one!
The bowl is a slightly different shade
Of white than the pitcher - - -
But to me they are a perfect pair.
And a daily reminder of
My sweet camp memories.


This pitcher really was a thrifty buy!
I found it on a sidewalk sale table
At our local Cracker Barrel.
Just a little wanna-be antique.
Later I found the bowl in
A box of "oldies and goodies"
From Burr Camp.
I remember it being used to serve
Mashed potatoes.
I think it makes a perfect
Companion to my
Little frugal pitcher.

.

21 comments:

JudyBug said...

Cute Cute. I'm a Feb. baby and always head straight for anything with violets. Love this!

Thank you for the encouraging words about Daddy. It meant a lot to me!
JudyBug

Keri said...

Does the Burr Camp pitcher not fit in the Burr Camp bowl??

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

I love the BUrr camp things. I am a fan of those stories now, ya know! LOve that Keetha!
Girl, I am about ready to pull out my hair with mr. linky this week. I dont know what I did or didnt do. But I am afraid to mess with it to much for fear of losing my blog material.

Keetha Broyles said...

JudyBug - - I really do hope all goes well with your daddy and this move.

Keri - - - You can't see the size difference in the photos, but the white bowl from camp wouldn't even come close. The white bowl and pitcher are "regulation" bowl/pitcher size, the other much smaller.

Leigh - - - I'm sad about Mr. Linky, but I left a comment with my link in it, so maybe others will wander on over here from that. If Mr. Linky starts working, I'll join in. (Did you try going to the html part, removing Mr. Linky all together and starting over with him?)

Anonymous said...

Hi Keetha...I like pitchers and bowls too. I have them here and there in our house. I was just wondering if Burr Camp is the same camp that was at Hillsboro? I went there two or three times when I was young. I remember riding in the back seat of a car full of kids from Gull Lake and Spooner. We had the back seat full, so some of the kids had to sit on our laps all the way to Hillsboro. I remember my legs falling asleep all the way there. No seat belts required back then! I always enjoyed going, but have forgotten a lot about it now. Gwen from the Northwoods

Nancy said...

I am just going to believe that you are indeed related to J. Haviland.

Love the pieces.

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes Gwen - that WAS Burr Camp you remember. Holy Ground.

Thanks Nancy! I like my little Haviland pieces.

Linda (Nina's Nest) said...

You have some lovely pieces! My mother has a Haviland pattern that has green peas all around it...have you ever seen that? Oh, I really love the little hatbox piece...so cute! Linda

Candy said...

Thanks for stopping by my 'birdie' table...pear thingys in the glasses you ask? I don't know either, just thought I needed one more bird theme something, and just sat them in the empty space. Thought I was going to get away with it...and almost did.
BTW, love the pink and white pitcher.
Blessings, Candy

Anonymous said...

Beautiful treasures.They all look like Keetha to be >Sweet and delicate...A nn

Anonymous said...

I too LOVE the white dishes from BURR camp, beautiful in it's simplicity! The pitcher is lovely, let's have lemonade some summer day on the porch...

Anonymous said...

Keetha.I got the plates at a thrift store.Do you know,what is writtn on the backs to identfy depression?Somehow,they just look too new to me....Ann

Carey said...

I love pitchers. Your finds are beautiful!

j said...

That is something I would do - want china because of the name thing! Very pretty items all! One day I will get to have china around too - that boy of mine is like a bull in a china shop.

It's almost the weekend Keetha! YEA!

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Jennifer- - - is TOMORROW Saturday?

xinex said...

That pink and white pitcher is so pretty, in fact, all your finds are so pretty. I like Haviland too, I have a set of the Brown Rose pattern...Christine

Unknown said...

I love it all! I especially love the hat box. So darling! And, of course, I am in love with white dishes.

Keetha Broyles said...

Thank you Christine and Sheryl for visiting my blog AND leaving comments!!!

Kristin - The Goat said...

Hi Keetha! I love your new photo by the way -- :)

You have some of the nicest treasures. I think I'd walk around your house like I would a an antique booth - ooohing and aaahing over everything!

"The Goat!" :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh thanks, Goatie dear. Actually, when I put them all side by side in pictures, they appear to be MUCH more numerous than they do in house - - - wonder why THAT is???

I am so enjoying getting to "know" you!!!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Of course, I love the Haviland. They complement my Limoges. :-)