Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Thrifty (?) Thursday

.


This week my entry in
Leigh's Thrifty Thursday
Isn't really thrifty at all
(Except the frame was
Only a few cents
At Dollar General ) - - -
It's a favorite instead.

I'm taking this liberty with
Leigh's party
Because she's my friend
And I think she'd allow it!!!


This is my favorite
Portrait that was ever taken
Of any of my babies.

Notice, I did NOT say
This is my favorite child.
I have FOUR favorite children.

But this is the cutest
Portrait that was ever
Captured of any of them
When they were in their
Baby phase.

This is Kelly.
He is our oldest son
And is now 28.

The stories I could tell.
Oh I think I will
Share just a few:

When he was this size,
He loved to have
"pecial" time with his mommy.
That included stories
And songs - - - while the
Other children napped.

One day when he was
About three, I found him
Trying to sell the gravel
Out of our driveway
For 5 cents per rock.

I told him no one wanted
To buy our gravel.
He said,
"Uh huh, Mommy!"
And opened up his chubby
Little paw in which
Were three dirty nickels.

When he was in Grade School
He once took his little sister,
Korie, by the hand
Door to door telling people:
"Our grandma died
And we don't have any food
To eat."

I still had to LIVE
In that neighborhood after that!

He still to this day
Delights in picking on his mama.
One of the reasons I
Don't grocery shop
Is because he takes
Every opportunity to
Tear the labels off the
Canned goods on my
Pantry shelves.

OK - - - so that has nothing
To do with why I don't shop - - -

Now he's all grown up,
And is the manager of
A thriving Pizza Hut
In Fort Wayne.

One day he shall have a son of his own,
And his son will be
JUST LIKE HIM.

His little nephew, Mackinley,
Already is!!!

.

17 comments:

Nancy said...

That is one darling pic -- he looks like he's convincing you he did not do those things you shared. There is a resemblance with Mackinley -- what did you post about your genes?

Keetha Broyles said...

They aren't MY genes - - - I think they came through Greg!!! :-)

Jewel said...

I've heard the gravel story.. I also remember a pretty amusing April 1st JAIL story! haha.

Keetha Broyles said...

You do at that - - - but I didn't think I could work that one into a short list.

j said...

Is he still such a hoot? He sounds fun!! And yeah, I would have bought gravel from him, no doubt.

Unknown said...

Keetha, what great stories about your son. I just love that picture of him!

Sheryl

grammy said...

Yes, he is a WONDERFUL "hoot"...I remember when he sold Dr. Pepper to all family members for $1 a can...and that was many years ago...Ha!!!

Tracy said...

Hi Keetha,
Loved this precious pic and hearing about your boy. Sweet, sweet photo and that's a perfect frame!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Are you kidding? A face like that? I would've bought up most of your driveway! He sounds like a hoot, much like his momma! And yours is a PH kid too? My son Bama works there as a "Pizza artist".

Keri said...

Yep Kelly is still an awesome guy! :) I'm proud he's my brother!!!

Do you think he'll still have a son just like him when I already got the clone?!?!

Keetha Broyles said...

Ah, that's just the thing about clones - - - there can be LOTS of them. (Duplicity)

Linda said...

Thank you for stopping by my site today and especially for leaving a comment. It's always fun to make new blogging friends.

What an incredibly cute baby picture...is he still that blond at 28? My son had very blond hair like your son's and now it's no where to be found. It's a dark brown now...lots of it, just dark.

Keetha Broyles said...

Kelly's hair is still blonde - - - what there is left of it - - - but not the white blonde any more.

Anonymous said...

When my 3 were teenagers,I put a curse on them.That they would have kids just like them.When my baby daughter is having problems,she'll say."Mm,it's that dang curse."And I smile...Ann

Keetha Broyles said...

That particular curse is quite real, don't cha think?

Cass @ That Old House said...

Hahaha... I laughed out loud at these stories, especially the one about having no food at the house. Kids are so good at embarrassing us, that's why I loved when they got old enough to be embarrassed by ME.

I used to say, "Am I embarrassing you? Good!"

When my sister Peggy was 5, she had a little money and was going to buy cigars for my father for Christmas. She lost the money, and walked all over the store wailing, "I lost my cigar money!" My mother had a LOT of explaining to do.

Kids. Gotta love them. Not allowed to kill them!

Cass
PS Yes, I see flowers and pink in the Lee sisters future, too!

Laura @ the shorehouse. said...

Awww....I still like having "pecial" time with my mommy. :-)

So CUTE!