Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 13, 2008

Santa's "Little" Helpers

.
Santa's "Little" Helpers
were busy this week working for Gilead Ministries.

Gilead Ministries does wonderful supportive things for cancer patients in our community. This is a picture of my friend Bill, the director of the ministry.

For at least six years I've been taking students to Gilead to pack Christmas gifts to be delivered to patients as they undergo their chemo. This year I couldn't get that organized, so several of our school faculty members pitched in to do it.

First we brought in items to go into the gift bags - - - water bottles, popcorn packets, hot chocolate packs, and mini Kleenex packs.

Bill already had a collection of christmas mugs, ornaments, rice bags (for heat or cool therapy) and knit hats to go into the gifts.


Next we got our assembly line organized.


Several ladies sat and got items ready to be deposited into the gift bags as the rest of us walked by with a bag to be filled.


This is my friend Shelli who made up for my slack and got this event organized when I realized I didn't have time to take my class this year.


Santa's Elves would have been PROUD of the work we did!!!


No slackers amongst us!!!


Tim has done this before.


Who let HER in here, and what has she been putting in that bag???


After the bags were packed, we arranged them for someone else to deliver. We stuffed 350 bags in a little over an hour!!!


After all that work we were HUNGRY - - - so we went for a taste of Mexico. YUM!


Shelli said "lean in." I think I took it a little too far!!! Hehehehehehehehehe

Merry Christmas!!!

.

7 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! And for a great cause, too!

Hey, and it seems like you've had a great deal going on this year. Good friends are supposed to help with our 'burdens', right? Shelli is a good friend, indeed!

Keetha Broyles said...

She is a great friend - - - as are all my co-workers. We are very fortunate to be a "family" at work together.

Shannon said...

What a great project. I love the picture of you and Vicki!

Julie said...

Yum Mexican food!! Can you tell what I'm craving with this pregnancy?!

It looks like a FUN evening-and all for a good cause.

Keetha Broyles said...

It was VERY fun - - - and a VERY good cause.

Wish you were closer - - - I'd TAKE you to my favorite Mexican restaurant.

Keetha said...

What a great thing to do and really in keeping with the Christmas spirit!

Keetha Broyles said...

And fun too - - -

AND tasty (the last part)

:-)