Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Did I Mention It Was COLD?

.
Well then, let me mention it. It was COLD. The high temperature was 16 degrees.



And did I mention we were at a camp? You know - - - an OUTDOOR camp. And it had snowed and snowed some more while we were there. And it was cold - - - did I mention that?


We walked everywhere. And one "everywhere" was not near the next "everywhere." So we walked through the snow and it was cold, did I mention that?


It was also very beautiful. Clean white snow blanketed everything, cascading between these rocks like a waterfall, a very COLD waterfall.


The pines were frosted with snow icing. By the way, did I remember to mention that it was cold? SIXTEEN degrees for the high and FOUR degrees for the low.


There was a beautiful lake. You can see it through these trees. It was totally iced over, of course, because it was cold, did I mention that? And when you walked over these paths, the snow was so COLD it squeaked like styrofoam under your feet, because it was really, really, really cold, in case I forgot to mention that.


And just who is this poor little druid in the green hood standing out in the cold all by herself, and why is she standing out there all by herself in that bitter cold?


Oh, that's ME, the designated driver, and I'm pumping gas out there in the bitter cold - - - did I mention it was cold?

There is nothing wrong with your eyes, they are not going blurry nor are there spots before them - - - that is salt splattered all over the window because it'll do that when it is cold and the roads have been salted so they won't be slick because it is bitter cold out there - - - did I happen to mention that?



And all that salt on the roads will make your car look like a powder-sugared doughnut when it's really, really, cold - - - did I mention THAT?

Well, let me just tell you - - - - IT WAS COLD!!!

.

13 comments:

Erin said...

Beautiful! But it looks a bit chilly. Was it cold? ;)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh shoot - - - I KNEW I forgot to tell SOMETHING - - - yes Erin, it was COLD. And beautiful. And fun. And I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Jewel said...

Sooo pretty! I love blankets of snow on the grass, tress, roofs... but I hate the cold. I imagine it was pretty cold in WI...

Dan said...

Wow, so, like, was it cold?

Love the header picture!

Keetha Broyles said...

Sorry I forgot to mention about the temperature - - - it was pretty COLD, I mean, it wasn't below ZERO or anything, but still, it was COLD for Hoosiers.

Deven said...

Pretty sure that's a lot of temp whining for a native Badger...

Keetha Broyles said...

Notice who's standing OUT IN IT.

Martin LaBar said...

Well, I always thought you were outstanding.

A high of 16 F is pretty cold.

Keetha Broyles said...

Awwwwww, Thank you Mentor Prof.

It was cold - - - but not so bad if you dressed for it.

Keri said...

That snow is awesome. I want to move there.

Deven made me laugh out loud because I was thinking the same thing!! 16 degrees should be WARM to you, Mom! :P

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh - - - but you didn't READ - - - 16 was the HIGH.

It wasn't warm. It felt quite a bit colder than 16.

But one boy was running all over the place in SHORTS. Go figure.

Julie said...

You KNOW how I feel about cold temps! I would have been miserable. :) The pictures are beautiful though. How unfair that you had to drive AND pump your own gas. You so should have recruited someone else in the car to fill up your tank!

Keetha Broyles said...

To be fair - - - Shelli volunteered. I just didn't want anyone else to have to get out there in that cold - - - I'm the BADGER ya know.