Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Ice, Ice Baby!!!

.

On the last Wednesday of school before Christmas break, we woke up to a generous coating of ice on everything.


Is this an ice covered conifer - - -

Or some monster
with arachnid tendencies???
I think I see fangs in there!

We still had school - - - after a two hour delay.
Silly me, I didn't wait for the delay
I had work to do in my room,
Just after I finished taking these photos!

By the way - - - it's 60 degrees now,
Bye-bye ice.
.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty photo, but I wouldn't want to drive on it! Have a wonderful new year! I enjoy reading your blog!

Sherry said...

Ice storms leave beauty behind until . . . the trees start crashing which causes the electricity to go out, etc.! We spent four days without electricity a year ago this month. Not so fun after a while.

I do look forward to some snow. We haven't had any yet this winter. In fact it was in the 70's Christmas Day!

Blessings!

Julie said...

It looks beautiful! Did you lose any electricity? I'll never forget the Christmas of 2004 when we had a huge ice storm two days before Christmas, and were without power for four days. SHUDDER!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Girls - - - others in the area lost their electricity, but we did not.

The day we brought Kyle home from college for the break, we saw lines of electric trucks on the interstate heading north to restore electricity in Fort Wayne.

Dan said...

Well, the Master Gardener in me needs to know... What kind of evergreen was that? Short needles... hmmmm.

Keetha Broyles said...

No Dan, that conifer didn't have short needles. I think they were an inch or more long, but I'm not sure what exact kind it is - - - I'd guess yellow pine.