Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

At The ACSI Junior High Leadership Conference

.
First of all, ACSI stands for Association of Christian Schools, International. Since our school is an ACSI school, we were invited to the Junior High Leadership Conference.

Our principal, for some strange reason, thought I might like to organize a group of students to take to the leadership convention which was held at Camp Timber-Lee in Southern Wisconsin. Now why would he think a former Wisconsinite, and radical Badger fan like myself would be interested in going to Wisconsin?????

Since one of the conference requirements was that the sponsor was to stay in the room with the students, I took the 7th and 8th grade class officers who were girls. Duh.

When we arrived at Camp Timber-Lee, Danielle had a few issues getting out of the car - - - - got her foot caught in the shoulder-strap seat belt and nearly fell on her - - - - well, nearly fell out of the car.


We were assigned to our cabin, and pointed toward the high-tech luggage carts. Here I am pushing our luggage up the trail to our home away from home.


And here it is, home sweet home. Pretty nice digs - - - and you don't know how excited we were to find that our cabin WAS heated. We had been a tad nervous about surviving the Wisconsin arctic chill without heat - - - afterall, it IS a camp.


Miss Shelli gave Danielle a lift back to the car.


Then we began "nesting."


Beds to be made - - -


More beds to be made - - -
Notice we are STILL wearing our coats and gloves?
There IS a reason for this - - - which I will later explain.


Next we dug into our bags

And waited for the first session to begin.


Life offers so many pathways - - -So many choices.

Sometimes we find ourselves confused
about which way to go!


The Leadership conference offered seminars and rallies
designed to help us plan our choices.


We were excited about learning!

Some of us needed to learn a lot!!


And after the food for the soul - - -
They filled up our tummies too!!!

It was a great conference in every way.

Especially the part about it being in Wisconsin!!!

.

7 comments:

Deven said...

Awww! I stayed at Camp Timber-lee when I lived in WI. (I'm thinking it was for our 8th grade trip. Amy might have to back me up on that one...) LOTS of good memories and stories from that trip.

Anonymous said...

Great job blogging. You should go professional. What a great way to remember this fun trip. Thanks for taking me along.
SCR

Keetha Broyles said...

It is a GREAT place.

I'd love to go back when like the grass was green, and the water wasn't ice, and it was like maybe warm!

Keri said...

Ok, I seriously LOVE Danielle's boots!!!!

I think this trip looks like tons of fun...I wish I could have squeezed along as a...ummm...I don't know, I can't think of a valid reason for me to go. HAHA :)

Keetha Broyles said...

That would be called a "sponsor."

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What fun!!!!






And Keetha- prayers are still with you. I know this Christmas will be hard. But know, of the "celebration in Heaven".

Anonymous said...

I used to work in a Christian school, and I remember chaperoning so many student trips! What great memories!