Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Does This Count?

.
All my bloggy friends are busy decorating their decor for Christmas.

I haven't even started yet - - - - -

Well, that isn't exactly true. Does this count?

I saw this festive reindeer antler set for a dollar last night and thought it would be fun to wear on the last day of school before break. I brought it home and stuck it on this mirror for safe keeping.

I think it says Christmas.

I hope it says Christmas - - - it's the only thing around here so far that does.


Oh, and I'm SHAMELESS showing this one. I'm letting you see my pre-Christmasizing jumble on top of the pie safe.
.

15 comments:

I can't find my blog said...

Definitely says Christmas to me. I've got most of the decorating done-all except for the tree. It's up with nothing on it. Soon!

Jewel said...

I won't say you're a Scrooge... but I couldn't imagine Christmas without Christmas festivity!!!

Also, pie safe? That cupboard is called a pie safe? Wow.

nancygrayce said...

I'm pretty sure I have those same antlers. I made my husband wear them once a couple years ago for our Christmas card. I love the pie safe and I LOVE you dishes! Yes, you're festive!!!

Anonymous said...

Christmas, schmistmas, is that Fiesta ware in your pie safe? Very pretty!! You school kids will love your antlers! I bet you are a very fun and awesome teacher!

Keetha Broyles said...

Jewel - - - I didn't say I wasn't GOING to decorate, I said I hadn't started yet - - - except that little antler, which is up there by default.

Keetha Broyles said...

Yes - - - those dishes ARE Fiesta ware, but they aren't the antique ones, they are the new variety.

Thanks for noticing.

Yes Jewel - - - a narrow cabinet with shelves in it like that is called a pie safe. Mine isn't an antique - - - but the "real" ones are.

Julie said...

Keetha-I love the antlers! Your students will love them.

We have a pie safe also, it's bigger though with more shelves. We won it at a raffle. It's in our living room and we keep the kid's toys in it. I couldn't live without it...and no, it's def. not an antique.

Erin said...

Great antlers! Do you ever have "hat day" at school? It's so much fun.

Keetha Broyles said...

Erin - - - we've had various types of hat days during homecoming week.

Keetha said...

I really love that photo in your header. It rained and got the teeniest bit slushy. No snow.

Keetha Broyles said...

Do you ALWAYS get some snow every winter in the Delta, or are there years where it skips you all together???

If it makes you feel any better - - - ours is all gone right now in Indiana too even though it has not gotten cold again.

Lone Butterfly said...

He he he - I had a pair of sparkly antlers that I use to wear from the day after Thanksgiving until January 2nd.

And I worked in an "office" with "adults". I say, put them on now! Then at least you'll be decorated for Christmas. ;)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh wow - - - I'm not sure I could keep control in the classroom with antlers for THAT many days!!!

Anonymous said...

Keetha, December 10 and no decorations up? We're talking 15 days until Christmas. What is up with that? That is not long enough to enjoy the raptures of the holiday of our Savior's birth! I wish I could come help ya!

Have a blessed Christmas!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Angie - - - fear not, I LEAVE them up until mid January - - - or early February - - - I get PLENTY of raptures of the holiday of our Savior's birth!!!!