Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Trooper


.
My friend and co-teacher Deven's little boy is in the hospital and has been since two days before Christmas.

He had an infection in his knee that required surgery and post surgery IV antibiotics, so he and mommy are "incarcerated" until at least TUESDAY!!!


Another friend and co-teacher Diane and I made a trip up to the hospital today to see what we could do to cheer the patient and his mommy.

Just look at those sad little patient-in-the-hospital eyes!!!!

Until we said "say cheese" and those eyes brightened right up!!!

Mommy's getting a work out keeping our little patient entertained!

So I took a bag of loaner books to try to help.

And our little Christmas Trooper
gave me one more smile before we had to go!!!

.

11 comments:

The Hollands said...

What a sad time for a little one to be in the hospital...how thoughtful of you to help brighten their day. From the looks of the pics...you succeeded!! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I know - - - they had their Christmas gathering in the hospital cafeteria!!!! How EXCITING is that!?!

nancygrayce said...

Poor boy....

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Way to be a Christmas elf! Did ya wear your reindeer headgear?! I bet he would have loved that!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I never even THOUGHT of that, Amy!!! I need you here to put these great ideas in my head!

Keetha said...

My goodness! That little man - bless his heart and his mother's! You are a good soul. :-)

Shoemaker Family said...

Aw, so so thoughtful and sweet for you guys to stop in on Deven on Caleb. What a good friends you guys were to her today...

Deven said...

Thanks for visiting us today! He had to have a new IV put in tonight, which I did not stick around for. He had two nurses and Grandma holding him down, and he about whooped them all. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh Deven - - - that isn't easy for a mom to watch.

I remember once when Kyle had to have stitches in his head - - - - he started out real calm, but that did not last long - - -

Char said...

That Mommy deserves a gold medal. You do too. What a thoughtful visit.

Sherry said...

Oh, bless their hearts! I'm sure she's thankful for friends like you :)