Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 6, 2008

I Feel Like Travelin' On - - -

.

Thursday morning, at 4 AM (Indiana Time), these four brave young ladies packed, and I do mean PACKED into my car, and along with our guidance counselor, Shelli, we headed off into the wild blue yonder.

From left to right they are Emon, Danielle, Sarah and Chari. (pronounced Carry)


In case you've never experienced it, 4 AM is long before sunrise. LONG before.

Also, you will observe just how like sardines these girls were packed into my car.


Around 6 AM, we made a rest, breakfast, and gas stop. Danielle had a bit of a time finding all her "stuff" so she could get out of the car.


Look at this - - - SMILES so early in the morning!


Ordering a little breakfast before we climbed back into the sardine tin.


My photo journalist, Shelli, was fascinated with the transponder that let us sail right through the tolls in the I-Zoom or I-Pass lanes. (It is pretty cool, you should get one if you go on toll roads much!)


Later, when we were somewhere in Chicago, the sun began to shine upon us.


But the sun had NOTHING on these girls and their smiles!!!


See what I mean?


They weren't one bit grouchy about being up and about at this ridiculous hour!


We arrived in Wisconsin a bit early, so at 9 AM (Wisconsin Time) look where we stopped!!!


We had some important shopping to do. One of us forgot her towel, shampoo, conditioner, and soap. It wouldn't be nice of me to tell you who - - - but let's just say her first initial was Shelli.

After the shopping, we found the camp and got settled in. We were still early enough that we had time to - - -


Find a Culver's and enjoy lunch.

OK, I'll confess - - - finding the Culver's was a huge accident since we were looking for a completely different town than the one we ended up in. I do have a great excuse - - - I could barely breathe at the time due to some kind of asthma attack, and I don't usually even HAVE asthma.

I think it had to do with the outdoor temperature - - - - but you'll hear more about that later - - -

.

19 comments:

Alejandro said...

Your brave to wake up so early...with that cold....brrrrr

nancygrayce said...

Up early and in the freezing cold! You have my admiration! :)

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Shelli forgot all that stuff. At least she remembered her sleeping bag. :)
SCR

Nancy said...

A trip to Wisconsin is never complete without a stop at one of the MANY Culver's. If you were the designated driver, did you pass on Culver's yummy root beer? Your students are fortunate to have you -- a fun, caring teacher.

Keetha Broyles said...

I'm not really a rootbeer fan - - - I had diet coke.

I DID think about telling them the Culver's "history" story - - - - but we were pretty rushed for time at that moment.

SCR - - - uh, YAH - - - - good thing she remembered THAT!!!




NOT!

Jaena said...

New post tonight, Keetha. :D

Char said...

Loved the photo journalism. Sounds like a great trip.

grammy said...

Would love an outfit like the white crocheted hat, vest with fur hoodie and boots with fur that matches the hoodie fur!!! GORGEOUS!!!

"Who" is she wearing and where can I get an outfit like that, especially the hat?

I would stroll the Florida beaches in that hat, ignoring the pitying glances from the "jet setters"!!!!

Keri said...

Grammy, I was adoring her outfit, too! LOVE the boots! She looks cold with her bare arms out though! hehe! :)

grammy said...

Keri, I also noticed the bare arms...brrrrr...she might have been more hungry than cold at that hour!! Ha!!

I knew you would like that. If I could get the pattern for that hat...we desparately need that, (especially here in FL.. another Ha!)But if I get the pattern...you & I will own one of those babies!!!

I would wear one of those, regardless of what Ko Jo (sp??)thought!!!!

Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

Love the update Keetha! Yes. We are freezing!!! It was 12 here today. Yeah. I said, 12.

Keetha Broyles said...

When we went in for the breakfast stop, Danielle had been HOT in the car (never spoke up to tell me that or I would have adjusted the heat) so her bare arms felt good to her at that moment.

I'll see what I can found out about WHERE to buy the hat.

Julie said...

That is an early morning! I love hearing about your trips! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Nice pictures, but tell us about the weather! :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

Oh shoot - - - I KNEW I forgot something!!!

Staci said...

CULVERS RULES!! I love that place!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Culver's is FAR AND AWAY the BEST "fast food" PERIOD.

Thanks for commenting, Staci!!!

Staci said...

I did find ya on Big Mama.

Keetha said...

You, my friend, are a trooper. :-)