Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Making DNA

.


These are my 7th Grade Life Science Students

And they are making DNA.

While it is true that their cells are very busy
making the REAL thing - - -

That is NOT the DNA to which I am referring.

No, we cannot see their nucleic DNA
without taking tissue samples and
using an electron microscope - - -
mitochondrial DNA?
Let's not even go there!

Instead I am referring to the paper DNA models

Which they are making to learn the basics of
DNA structure.

Adenine-Thymine
Guanine-Cytosine
Deoxyribose
Phosphate
All in a double helix

Surely you remember that!!!
;-)

(Photos taken before Christmas break)
.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I loved biology! But I have to say...I didn't remember the basics of DNA structure. :)

Keetha said...

That made my head hurt. :-)

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Keetha!!! I can give you MORE details if you want them - - - -