Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle Barn - Charm?

.


On Highway 63 just barely north of Spooner, Wisconsin you will come across this beauty of a red barn that is - - -


Recycled and being Reused as an antique store complex.

I can't tell you how much I love that someone is salvaging this barn in this way.


However, for all the recycling and reusing that appears to be goin' on - - - "ain't" much REDUCING happening!

I'd love to call in the pickers and let them haul all this old "stuff" away from the barn front. I'm sure SOMEONE could find some dandy little treasures in all that junk.

And I'd like to see this red barn without her "slip" showing. Goodness - - - it's kinda like wearing your combat boots with your prom dress.


Buried in the middle of all that "mess" there's even a tiny one room school house - - - not sure if it is authentic or faux, but I can tell you it is very cute. Once long ago before one had to climb over Mount Junkus just to enter, I went in.


And for all you silo lovers, these two old boys are still standing guard like two junk yard dogs!

Anybody want to relocate and start your own business??? This one appears to be FOR SALE; lock, stock, barrel, and lots of other rusty parts!



Note: This is not a paid advertisement. It's just my own humble opinion.



Linking today with "Barn Charm"
Please click over to Bluff Area Daily
To enjoy all the Barn Charm posts.

.

16 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I need to investigate how far out of the way that antique barn store in Spooner would be for us. I want to antique my way through Wisconsin!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

oh, i love your header. so cute. very decorative for this season. such a great barn. i bet lots of great things to see inside. maybe one day i will be in Wisconsin ... can't wait. fingers crossed. (:

Rose said...

Oh, I bet the American Pickers would love to have a go at that place. And I love the silos.

Anonymous said...

Love the stonework on the heavy-duty silos! So glad that someone recycled the beautiful red barn. Maybe the American Pickers, Mike and Frank, would be interested in buying the whole property.

nancygrayce said...

Someone probably was supposed to go through all that stuff and got overwhelmed! But it's a neat barn and school house and I love the silos!

Unknown said...

Oooh, I'd love to really get to dig through that stuff! How fun. I love it when they repurpose old barns.

Dan said...

I was thinking the same as Rose; the American Pickers would have a field day.

Great find and wonderful photos!

tinajo said...

I had no clue - will try to find that place and make the changes later today. :-)

Tezzie said...

Oh, I'd LOVE to rummage through all that stuff in search of treasure :) And, those silos are fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

That's always good to hear that someone is using instead of destroying a barn! Very cool! I wish we had one here, cuz I'd love to walk thru all that lookin for treasure! LoL! =0

Thanks so much for joining =)

whitey said...

This would be a dream come true for me to be able to go through something like this !

Jenny said...

I'd love to go visit this barn. Sometimes all that clutter is overwhelming, though. I like things ordered just a tiny bit more, too.

Pamela Gordon said...

What a fun place to shop if you can make your way through the jungle of junk! :) Love the old silos. Great photos. Pamela ~ Canada

Keetha Broyles said...

This is just a word veri test to ensure it is turned OFF.

Is YOURS turned off?

Unknown said...

Love the silos! And that's way more red barn-ness than you will find round these parts!

Linnea said...

A scavenger's dream! Nice! Thanks for stopping by.