Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

My Heart is Blue

.


My Colts blue heart is broken today. I just HATE how Peyton's time in Indy has come to a close.

In watching portions of his press conference today when he announced he would be leaving, I just kept thinking: "What a class act!"

No finger pointing.

No whining.

Wishing all of us well.

He was and is true blue to the end.

Peyton, no one will ever take your place.


photo credit: obama.net

.

9 comments:

From the Kitchen said...

Kudos to Peyton. He is a class act! Wherever he goes, I think I'll send my loyalty with him--maybe.

Best,
Bonnie

Theresa said...

Oh my heart hurts too! I love him and I know he will find another team, it just won't be the same:( He really is a classy guy with a big heart! HUGS!

mzzbev said...

He understands the "nature of the beast" in the game of football and because he does, it makes a for a person with class act and integrity. They are few and far between, I hope and pray many take heed and follow his example. I also hope he continues making those funny commercials, I love them! He's a great actor :)

Cass @ That Old House said...

ACK I had to remove the comment I first posted because I messed up a word.

URGH.

Anyway -- what I meant to say was that YES Mr. Manning is a complete class act, and a terrific role model.

Also -- the word that rhymes with "glass" and applies to a windswept peacock was OF COURSE "grass." Why what else could it be? I keep a family blog. Pretty much.

Love, Cass

Ann in the UP said...

All absolutely true. I wish him all the best in the future---but it is hard to picture him as anything but a Colt.

But it was hard to picture Favre as anything but a Packer and he played in a few uniforms after that. I pray that Peyton continues to be a class act always. Plus I expect that he will.

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

I haven't had a chance to watch yet, but we listen to ESPN radio in the mornings. Yesterday, as we were driving to work/school, my kids were chatting in the backseat and The Girl says, "I think Peyton should go to the Jets, because then both brothers would play in the same stadium and that would be PERfECT!" This from a girl who protests every Sunday all Fall when Mamma and her brother sit down to watch football!

Tami said...

Brett Favre retired too, then came back. Perhaps Peyton will too.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I saw his news conference and it was so touching!
When Favre left I think the whole state of Wisc. went into mourning.
Stay strong Keetha!
Hugs,
Cindy

nancygrayce said...

Sad, even though I really don't follow the football. As my brother always says .....it'll be awwright!