A few weeks ago, I showed in a post that my friend Janell brought me two bags of Badger pasta in the shape of little W's.
Some of you left comments asking me to show you the finished salad when I made it.
Well - - - here goes nothing - - -
Fortunately (or unfortunately depending on your point of view) I don't know the pasta salad rules. So I did my own thing, which translates into I only put in ingredients I like.
1) Mayonnaise - - - REAL mayo. None of that sickly sweet Miracle Whip for me. You might as well gag me with a spoon as put sweet stuff on my nondessert food.
2) Vinegar - - - just a little to liven things up a bit.
3) Diced white chicken - - - well yes, of course it was cooked!
4) Dill pickle relish - - - remember what I said above about the sugar thing- - - don't try to sneak it on me in the form of pickle relish either!!!
5) Chopped green, red, and yellow bell peppers
6) Sliced black olives
7) Sliced green olives stuffed with pimentos
8) Cubed co-jack cheese
9) Onion powder - - - raw onion gives me indigestion but I did want some onion flavor.
10) One tomato, cubed
Please don't ask me for measurements - - - I didn't measure.
I blended all these things together and then stirred them into the cooked, rinsed, drained, and cooled pasta. It looked rather like the bowl pictured above. No wait, it looked EXACTLY like that bowl because it WAS that bowl!!!
When I dished it up on a plate - - - it even looked good enough to eat.
And it WAS, which was a good thing since I ate the WHOLE SALAD, Fisherhubby not being a pasta salad fan.
No, not in one sitting, though I shan't, out of pure shame, tell you how many sittings.
Changes I will make next time: Add a little more vinegar, needed more "zip." I think I'll also put in more green olives and add a couple of diced hard boiled eggs. I might even add a packet of Italian salad dressing seasoning.
HOWEVER - - - "next time" won't be real soon as I will eat that entire bowl myself too, oink oink!!!!