Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Eclectic This and Eclectic That

.


I'm a proud GREAT Aunt again!!!

Meet Cohan Herrick
Son of my onliest nephew, Dustin
And his wife Kayla, who is one of my former students!

Doesn't he have the most perfect little round face?


If these cell phone pix tell me anything,
They tell me my grans are enjoying the hot weather
We've been having here in north central Indiana.


Mackinley toolin' down the river greenway.
Never fear, his mommy was right behind him.


Someone ELSE has also been enjoying the hot weather:

My dad.

Your eyes may not see anything unusual
In this photo
Until I tell you that he is 81
(I KNOW he doesn't LOOK 81, but he is)
And this is the FIRST time I've ever
Seen him in shorts!!!

(Except a time or two in his swim trunks
When I was a girl and our family
Went to the lake.)

My dad is a retired minister.
His "everyday clothes"
Are usually worn-out dress clothes.
He even mows his yard
In long pants and dress shoes.

I kid you not.


My personal photo journalist, Shelli
Took this shot of a decal
I have on my car window.
(Thus the inside-outness of it)

I put it here as fair warning
That my trips to Wisconsin
Are just around the corner
And I will be BLOGGING about them soon.

.

10 comments:

britt said...

Your dad is adorable! I always admired your parents love when I witnessed it at church growing up.

J.J. said...

Congrats!

That is too funny about your Dad. And you are correct...he does not look 81!!!

Anonymous said...

Dad... Dad..... lose the long pants and keep the shorts... It's summertime for heaven sakes!

Di

kyooty said...

Your Dad looks younger then my dad! and my dad just turned 66! (shhhhhhhhh!) :)

LV said...

Your dad and I both are perfect examples that life goes on even in our 80s. We both still do our yards, wear short around the house and in the yard. I admire him greatly for still going and looking so well. He has taken good care of himself. The only downside, is he is a better person than I am. I would never make a minister. You remind me of your dad.

Keri said...

He wore shorts to the zoo with us, too, and I thought he looked so handsome!! He even had SANDALS on that day!!!

He's so amazing. (Not because he wears shorts, just because he is.)

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL Keri, he SHOWED me his sandals, but he didn't have them on.

I said, "Dad! You have on shorts!"

He said, "Well, why not? It's hot!"

Kristin - The Goat said...

It's good that your Dad can change his habits at such a young age :)

What an adorable baby! He does have a lovely round face ;) Just makes me want to kiss it!! Babies are so kissable.

Kristin - The Goat

Ann in the UP said...

It appears that all of your generations are pretty cool. Your dad sounds like a treasure, though. We'll give little Cohan due time to show up as amazing in your blog.

ann in the UP.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Cohan is adorable, congratulations!
Your dad looks wonderful. Funny that he wears his old dress clothes around and mows the lawn in dress slacks!