Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, June 7, 2010

End of School Activities - Part Grand Finale - Graduation

.

The time has come, the end of the school year.


The end of our school. The end of my teaching career. The Grand Finale - Graduation.


What a bitter sweet night. All of us were ready for the normal end of the school year and the beginning of our summer. These seniors were ready to graduate and move on with their lives.


But all of us feel saddened by the loss of our beloved school. This graduation was different. This graduation was final for us all.


Kristie, the Salutatorian, gave individual personalized thank yous to each teacher.

She thanked me for teaching them the three "B's" - - - Biology, Badgers, and Blogging.

We have a very special tradition at our graduation. Each senior has the privilege of stepping to the mic and speaking just before he/she receives his/her diploma.


Emily and Evan are twins. (Both holding their hats in the above picture) Emily was first born and she came first alphabetically all through their school career.

But Evan's real name is Edwin, which preceded Emily alphabetically. When he stepped to the mic, he looked over at Emily and reminded her that though she has gone first all their lives, he was graduating first.

She stepped up to the mic next, looked back at him and said, "Yes, but I'm still the pretty one."

It was a great moment. Just the touch of humor we all needed to see us through the evening.

.

9 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Keetha I am so sad that this has come to an end for you. I know how much you loved teaching this kids.
Thank you for sharing it all with us. I am sad along with you.

Julie Harward said...

What a great ending though...they will always love you! Now what are you going to do? Enjoy the summer I hope! Come say hi :D

Anonymous said...

She is pretty. Now that school is DONE... what WILL you blog about all summer? Guess I'll have to wait and see. LOL

Di

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

OK...I am teary-eyed reading this and the last post...something about graduations that do it to me...I miss teaching high school so much...Middle school just isnt' how I wanted to end my career...sounds like a great "send off" for both the teens and teachers!

Angie said...

So now - onward and upward. And a well-earned rest. In years to come when one of 'your' alumni gets to be famous, who is it will come through the doors on This is Your Life? Good Ol' Mrs B!!!! (Do you have TIYL in America?).

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Hi Keetha,
I've missed talking to you! So sad about your school and your teaching there. My hubby just finished his 29th year of teaching this year. Today was his last day of school! I'll be in Eau Claire on the 24th for staffing. We meet until noon, so if your not busy maybe we can meet for lunch! Just let me know. And for awesome hills, you need to take the drive from Arcadia to Alma. Trempealeau County has the most amazing hills anywhere in Western Wisconsin and it's not that far from Eau Claire.
Hugs, Cindy

Kristin - The Goat said...

Comic relief is wonderful :) She's quick, isn't she!

Love the three B's!

It looks like it was a lovely graduation and you look great in your gown, too!

Kristin - The Goat

Julie said...

I've been thinking about you so much Keetha! I hope you are doing well and enjoying your summer. You could always come to Holmes County and visit if you get bored! ;)

Martin LaBar said...

So it's finally over.?

Teaching is never over. You'll see these people off and on for the rest of your life.

God's best in what comes next.