Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, July 20, 2009

Brunhilda and Borris Share a Northwoods "Awwwwww" Moment

.

One cold, cloudy northwoods day, shortly after Miss Keetha ransomed Brunhilda and Borris from the bear-napper, they decided to head out into the world to see what they could see. Surely you remember Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper, but you may call then Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper, don't you?


Miss Keetha nestled them down into their very own comfy traveling compartment in her purse, and they were off to explore new territory.

They rode and rode in the purse until suddenly - - -


Right in the middle of the wilderness that is the northwoods, with nary a town nor settlement in sight, they found this darling little white church.

Borris read the name of the church off to Brunhilda, "Spider Lake Church."

"SPIDERS!!" yelped Brunhilda, "I HATE spiders!" And with that she promptly refused to get out of the purse.

"Now Hildy," wheedled Borris, "There AREN'T any spiders around - - - it's just a NAME."

"Well, somebody must have seen spiders to give it THAT name!" retorted Hildy.

"I'm getting out - - - I don't see any spiders anywhere, nor any lake either - - - so I think all the spiders are at the LAKE wherever it is, and you should come with me."

"OK, but if I see ONE spider, I'm outa there." relented Brunhilda.


They didn't find any spiders, but they did find a sweet cherub. Brunhilda was glad she'd gotten out of the purse to meet the little angel. The angel seemed to kinda like Brunhilda too!

Suddenly Borris, ever the romantic, had a splendid idea.

"Hildy," he said, "Let's renew our vows right here at this quaint little northwoods church."

"Oh Borris," crooned Brunhilda, "You do get the BEST ideas sometimes."

And with that they set about creating a little bride's veil for Brunhilda. When it was finished, and Brunhilda was bedecked with it - - -


They climbed to the very top of the very tall stairway - - -


Where they stood before God and bears and everybody and promised, again, to love and cherish each other until death them do part. Then Borris kissed Hildy right on her bear lips and gave her a bear hug.

We can all take a little lesson from Brunhilda and Borris and remind those we love that we do.

And Brunhilda and Borris lived happily ever after until - - -

Check back here later to see what the "until" brings.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

If you enjoyed this Brunhilda and Borris post, and you are NEW to this blog, you can find all their exciting northwoods adventures here:

1) Brunhilda and Borris Hit the Road


2) Brunhilda and Borris Wander Wisconsin

3) Brunhilda and Borris at The Little Cabin on Gull Lake

4) Brunhilda and Borris Return to Their Roots

5) Brunhilda and Boris in Northwoods Water Sports

6) Ambear Alert in the Northwoods

I hope you have as much fun reading these little stories as I've had creating them.

It has been suggested that I try to turn these into children's books. If you have young children or grandchildren, please be my "market test group" and let me know what your children think of them. As always, you my dear bloggy buddies ARE THE BEST!

.

17 comments:

Lone Butterfly said...

I am so fond of Mister and Madam Saltandpepper's adventures! Thank you for sharing. ;)

Tricia said...

What a lovely little church! Sometimes the best part of travelling is what we find along the way.
XOXO
*Tricia

Anonymous said...

i have a request for the bear-napper...can you send me his number?

Lori R. said...

That church is beautiful... out in the wilderness,and B&B were smart to take advantage of the situation especially since you were along to take the pic!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Awwwwww! Congrats to the happy couple. I guess Keetha was the witness? Precious!

Lynn said...

You have SUCH adventures!

j said...

*sniff* I always cry at weddings.

Lori E said...

Ha is that a kleenex wedding gown? Too funny.
I knew of some people who's adult kids organized a surprise 30th anniversary party for them and they arranged for the renewal of their parent's vows too.
What they didn't know was that their parents were splitting up. Didn't go well.
Congrats to the happy couple and do we have to send a gift?

Keetha Broyles said...

No gifts necessary!

I'm so sorry that in the case of your friends, the solmness of the vow renewal didn't help them decide their marriage WAS worth saving after all.

Marriage is W - O - R - K.

I've said that BEFORE on here.

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

You are a riot. And I think I know why you're a teetotaler--I'll bet you're from the same denom I grew up in. Winky-wink.

Anonymous said...

THEY LIVED HAPPILY EVER AFTER TILL ALONG CAME A SPIDER?!
IS THIS WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
I CANT BEAR TO WAIT TO HEAR MORE!
CONGRATS ON RENEWING VOWS,HOW BEARY EXCITING!
I LOVE SPIDERS AND I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THE NAME OF THIS CHURCH AND WHY SPIDERS ARE INVOLVED!
TELL US MORE!

Tonja said...

HUURY! MAKE HASTE!! YOU ARE NEEDED 'BEARY' QUICKLY AT GATHERINGS!!!

SHE"S IN "BEARY, BEARY' BIG TROUBLE!!!!

Carol said...

Enjoying these bear adventures!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading the adventures of Brunhilda and Borris. Too funny.

Angela Vardaman

Keetha Broyles said...

Why thankee very kindly, ma'am!!! (That's for YOU Angela)

Jewel said...

oh.my.word.
haha

Beth said...

Keetha, What a cute story! You are so very creative!
Blessings, Beth