Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Sunday, April 28, 2013

Spring Arrives With a Vengeance in My City


.
Last Sunday it snowed 

ALL

DAY

LONG

Up here on the frozen tundra.
.

But this week warmer temperatures rolled in.  We broke 60 and then 70 for the first time since way, way, way back last fall.
.


The snow which blanketed our ground since late December has been slowly melting away. All that's left to remind us of it are the snow mountains on the edges of parking lots.

The largest of these may linger on into early June - - - but they are shrinking fast now.
.
.
The ice is gone from the lakes.  

The fishing shanties were brought onto solid ground back in March.

Fisherhubby and his ilk have been forced to fish from the shore from whence FH has been catching walleye like crazy.  Next weekend lake fishing season begins and they will return to the water in their boats. 
.
.
Suddenly tree branches are swelling with buds of new life - - -
.
.
.
Some more than others.
.
 
.
Children are playing in their yards like bear cubs emerging from hibernation.  I've seen t-shirts, shorts, flip flops and even bare feet.

(This child, our grandson Mackinley, is actually in Indiana - thus the advanced signs of spring behind him.)
.
.
Fisherhubby pulled his boat off of a formerly snow covered lot, and began readying it to set sail.
.

And I ventured forth to church this morning for the FIRST time this spring in my flip flops.

Yep - - - Spring has arrived with a vengeance on the Frozen Tundra and in my city.
.
   

I'm joining Unknown Mami
For Sundays in My City.
.
Please hurry over to Unknown Mami's to see
What's happening in other cities around blogland.
.
.

19 comments:

nancygrayce said...

Whew! I was afraid you were going to have winter forever!

Pam said...

I only miss freshly fallen snow not those horribly ugly leftover banks!

Charlotte said...

It's about time! Cute tootsies!

podso said...

I'm glad your husband got off the lake! Spring has finally arrived for you--what a difference a week made and what a dirty snow monument to your winter. I heard the snow word predicted somewhere in the mid west, hopefully further west than you!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

All of our dirty banks are even gone! Oh yah!
Cute polish on those toes.
I have tulips pushing through...and buds on my lilacs.
My favorite time of year.
That gal above me should not say the S word anymore...hahaha!
Cindy

Sorta Southern Single Mom said...

It may have been warmer in your hood then mine this weekend!

April is definitely gearing up for those May flowers today. It's pouring this morning!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

It's not been warm enough here, for the last several days, to be sporting flip flops.

I love snow ... but not those dirty snow mountains.

Erin said...

I love flip flop weather!

Unknown said...

Yay for Spring, melting snow mounds, the return to fishing, and of course, flip flops! I'm so happy for warmer weather. I hope you and Fisherhubby enjoy it immensely!

Cathy said...

I'm loving spring in our neck of the woods too.

Love the pedicure and flip flops. I need to get busy and get mine done now.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Hooray for flip-flop weather!!!! I love the snow but the pile of dirty snow was always the ugly part in my opinion. So glad you reached 70. Hiking in Mammoth Lakes in the summer, up in the mountains, we will still see patches of snow and they are usually pretty dirty by the time.

Anonymous said...

Oh boy, flip flops - not here yet! It's going to rain tomorrow...but most of the snow is gone.
I can see how nature is waiting for a couple of warm days and wuh! it's going to bloom everywhere!
ps. my wrist is better already :)

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

Oh, so happy you can now wear those cute flip flops and show off those cute toe nails with them freezing off. Happy week!

42N said...

Mowed on Saturday - first of the season. Warm then, yesterday, today and tomorrow. Then guess what? Rain and snow back in the forecast.

Lisa said...

I love the last picture! :)

Ann in the UP said...

I hope you got your full of snow this past season, dearie. There was even enough for my snow loving son in Rochester MN.

Even the dirty snow piles are vanishing fast. I know there will be more unwelcome cold, but our winter has certainly made us touchingly grateful for a few warm days!

StarTraci said...

Wow! What a change! The snow was beautiful but so is the spring!

:-)
Traci

Suzy said...

Glad that Spring has finally arrived in your city. Here in NZ it's Autumn and temperatures are dropping :( Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Claudya Martinez said...

I knew it would get to you eventually. Enjoy!