Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Wherein Brunhilda and Borris Come Out of Hibernation to "Greet Their Peeps"

.

Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper here, but you may call us Brunhilda and Borris Bearsaltandpepper!


Today we decided to come out of our cozy hibernation on the kitchen table when Miss Keetha told us our adoring public had been talking about us in blogland and wondering when, or if, we might return.

OK - - - so it was only ONE "peep" who mentioned us, here. To us ONE makes an adoring public.

We hibernated in the FIRST place because we had some public that wasn't so adoring - - - and we just couldn't BEAR to face the music, so to speak. We, especially Brunhilda, may SOUND tough, we may even have a hard shell on the outside, but down deep we are just Teddy Bears after all.

Our first post-hibernation issue was HOW do we communicate with our peeps???


Brunhilda, ever the adventurous one, thought she could master lappy. She began hopping from key to key - - - and was heard growling, "Miss Keetha does it, how DIFFICULT can it be?????"

But after hours and hours, she had NADA to show for her efforts.

Her esitimation of Miss Keetha went up a notch or two, 'cause that woman BLOGS all the time - - - how does she DO that?


Borris (notice - - - 2 "R's" in his name - - - the only "flair" he has, Brunhilda got all the rest) went all retro and took pen in paw to scribble out this message to you.

Too bad you don't speak Bearlish. Perhaps we could "paws" for a translation.

Nope - - - sorry - - - Miss Keetha doesn't speak Bearlish either - - -

Oh well, I'm sure you get the idea. We are FINE and dandy, still living on Miss Keetha's Kitchen Table, scratching our hides, and beginning to contemplate what adventure we might have next.

Perhaps a BATH would be in order after all these months.

* * * * * * * * *

I'm linking this post to Vintage Thingie Thursday
(This is NOT the Bearsaltandpeppers first dance,
Which makes them vintage)

And to Thrifty Thursday
(Brunhilda MAKES Borris be thrifty - - -
They're so frugal they've never even spent a dime!)


* * * * * * * * *


.

28 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

They are quite talkative for a recently hibernated pair! Happy they are out and scratching again for all to see. :)

Brenda said...

There they are! I knew they'd show up sooner or later! Welcome back Bo-double r-is and Brunhilda.

Anonymous said...

who didn't like them? i can't read bearlish either.

Tonja said...

Their Southern cousins came out of hibernation a month or so back...they are froliking in the pool, even as we speak...er write!

Julie Harward said...

You are so cute..I just love you...it would be so fun to be in your class room! Come say hi :D

LV said...

Your post for today is perfect for VTT. Coloradolay likes black bears as well and has several. She should really enjoy you sharing some of yours.

Kristin - The Goat said...

Well, I knew if I tempted those two with a little bloggy love, they'd come out and say a few words. :)

Thanks so much Keetha for making my day! I love the note that Borris wrote, he's quite a character, I'm sure. His bearlish is beautiful to look at, but alas I can't read it either.

It was a delight featuring them on my blog today :)

Kristin - The Goat

Coloradolady said...

Girl you crack me up...what a cute post!! Love those bears. Have a great VTT!

Carol said...

Yea! The bears are back! Come see me, I'm having a give-away!

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

They are cute Keetha and so very North Woodsy! Hey, I think you kind of like that area! hehe.
Hugs,
Cindy

Shirley said...

Oh, I love this post that the little bears wrote : )) How clever of them. Tell them to keep practicing on the computer. They'll get it!

Deborah said...

Those bears are up to no good I think. I don't like the looks on their cheeky little faces. Better send them back into hibernation for a bit:)

Ann said...

This is one funny post!! So cute, too!
Thanks for putting a smile on my face!:)
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Martin LaBar said...

Some of the comments are full of wit and wisdom. Not this one.

They're back! Nice.

Postcardy said...

Living on Miss Keetha's Kitchen Table, I bet you know and could tell us a lot of secrets about her.

Erin said...

I took a course in Bearlish back in college. I'm a little rusty, but I believe that says, "We are so glad it's spring! What a long winter. Is anyone else famished?" :)

Susie's country cottage said...

Hello Brunhilda and Borris,
It is great to see you back after your long hibernation. I hope you'll have a happy summer living on Keetha's kitchen table and perhaps if you're good, she'll teach you how to use the laptop!!
Susie X

CC said...

I loved sweet,dear Borris and Brunhilda.. They are both just beautiful..and maybe soon,they will master the lappy. :). Give them hugs for me.........and Happy VTT...

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I saw Kristin's post on them and I am happy to hear they are doing well.

Glenda/MidSouth said...

Cute post! :D
Thanks for stopping by. Yep! Sorry - but they are 2 very old silos that once held grain for horse feed. Found that out after I took the pictures and posted about them. Your version does sound better. :D

Miri said...

Glad they had a good nap and are now frisky as ever!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Have missed them!!! So glad to see them making an appearance after much to long. Hugs to my beary good friends!
Thank you so much for joining in the Tales from Bloggeritaville Thrifty Thursday! I appreciate you joining in the party!

Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Sally Annie Magundy said...

Borris and Brunhilda are unbearably ( I know, groan) adorable!! :)

Anonymous said...

oh what an adorable pair..i love the teeny paw prints lol!

Susan Freeman said...

Cute bears! I prefer them in ceramic instead of running into the real live ones in our mountains here in Idaho!!

Love,
Susan and bentleyxxoo

★Carol★ said...

I'm so happy to see B&B checking in! It's high time they came out of hibernation. And for some reason I don't think I'd trust Borris with that pen. He looks like he's up to no good!
Happy VTT!
Carol
p.s. We won't be going to Wisconsin until August :-(

Sweet European Dreams said...

hi! Thanks for stopping by my page - hope you had a fun VTT! -diane

Debbiedoos said...

I love those little guys!~ THat was such a fun post, I was thinking the entire time, what a FUN teacher you must be!!~ You teach Science right? My son is in 7th grade this year and I have to say his Science teacher is a super fun guy! Alex has learned so much, because the teacher has made it fun to learn! I even dissected a frog this year, I signed up for it....thanks for stopping by!