Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, April 19, 2010

Not Turning Cartwheels Anymore - - -

.

I really should have more pride than to show this post to all of cyber space. But, evidently I don't.

While in Costa Rica, we walked through a creek gorge on our way to the zip line. It was rocky, muddy, slick, and uneven.


I started out navigating it on my own with just verbal instructions.

The "gazelles" (our students) were already far ahead of me, out of sight.


Andy, whom I called California, took my hand to help me over a rough place - - -


And he never let go.


Mostly because he had to haul me up and over those rocks like a hydraulic lift!!!


Did I mention it was rocky, muddy, slick, and uneven???? Well - - - it WAS rocky, muddy, slick, and VERY uneven.

I thought I might lie down and die right in there.


Exactly when did this happen????? When did I become a fragile senior citizen?????

Good grief! I USED to turn cartwheels through gullies.

.

19 comments:

j said...

Did he call you "Ma'am" the entire time? Cause that would just add insult to injury *grins*

Thank goodness for the California's of the world. We'll need them more and more I'm afraid.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I know what you mean and I wish I didn't!!! My bod has let me down. I feel young in my mind and think I can just 'do it' as the saying goes, but my Body says not so fast old lady! Sigh....I will just hope there is a California to help me over the rocky, muddy, slick parts of life!

Vickie said...

I'm proud of you for doing it! You're the woman!!

Chickens in the Basement said...

If you rode the zipline down the hill, climbing up the hill is annulled! I want to see photos of that, too!
Anna

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I think you did good Keetha! Hey, you have wisdom now. There is always a trade off!
Cindy

Unknown said...

So was California at least cute? I'm forty five and my daily aches and pains are really having me concerned for the future. I hear you!

ain't for city gals said...

Hey..you MADE IT!!!...you have to give yourself credit!! never too late...get a couple pound weights and start working out!! Get ready for next year...

Lori E said...

I would need major help. My short little legs wouldn't haul my big butt over much of anything.
I am so not an outdoorsy person.

Ann in the UP said...

Laughing----
If I didn't do things because I was afraid of "looking stupid", I'd never get out of bed in the morning.
Pat yourself on the back. You did it, gave someone the opportunity to help, and are brave enough to challenge the rest of us. A most useful human being, indeed.

(Ann in the UP)

Martin LaBar said...

Cartwheels through gullies? Really?

Pam said...

Who on earth was off to the side taking all of the pics of your painful procession - friend or foe? Good for you for swallowing your pride and showing the world what determination you have and what a good heart California has!

I can vouch for the turning of carwheels through gullies - I was right there with you: Eau Claire, Mt. Pisgah, Burr Ridge...

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks for the verification, sis!!! I'm going to POINT mon cher Professeur this way to see your comment.

Whosyergurl said...

aw. I think it is sweet.
My daughter says I need to take a class to learn to fall right. What? }}sigh{{

I do fall a lot.
It happens.
Hoosier hugs, Cheryl

Keri said...

Pfft pride is not desirable. I love your realness. :)

Anonymous said...

Think I was 52 when my body just said 'that's enough', then sat down in a puddle and has let me down ever since. *sighs* Getting older is no fun.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Martin LaBar said...

Yes, there are gullies in Wisconsin, or there were when I was there last.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I remember cartwheels! We have been going to Mammoth Lakes in California for maybe 10 years or more. I use to hike all the time, now I read in the cabin or out on the porch all day.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I don't think you're fragile, but if you fell, you'd be unhappy. He was just keeping you happy :)

groovyoldlady said...

Ah, you should start training for Search and Rescue with teens and twenties and not a helping hand in sight...