Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, October 11, 2010

What I Learned in Second Grade

.

I've been back in Second Grade for seven and a half days over the last several weeks.

Here's a little "fun with writing" exercise that I did with the children:


Can you find the "hidden" letter in each of these drawings?


The printed word below each gives a clue.

Obviously, my printing is NOT that of an experienced elementary teacher!

Fortunately, the students seemed to like me in SPITE of my handicaps!

.

10 comments:

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

I bet they love you Keetha!
The printing looks good to me!
Hugs,
Cindy

LV said...

I am sure your students saw the word right off. It took this senior a few minutes. Very clever!

nancygrayce said...

I'm so thankful I don't have to repeat second grade! Is it the O?

Ann in the UP said...

Ohh, no, I'm doomed. We're gonna play are you smarter than a second grader.

Good way to incorporate some art and penmanship into the letter learning exercise! Very ingenious.

I was wishing I had access to a good science teacher today to explain the leaf color/loss/frost mechanism. Our color has been disappointing.

Jewel said...

I see a d in the nose and a c in the clown's right eye... am I good? hahaha. Second grade is a fun age, I hope you're enjoying them!

Janet, said...

Oh no, you would think that since I write children's stories, that I would be better at this. It looks like the eyes of the doggie are "l's" and that around the eyes of the clown are "c's". I remember in the 2nd grade when we were learning cursive letters that we would write the large cursive letter and then make it look like something that started with that letter. I don't know how we did it, but I think we made the letter "A" look like an ant.

Angie said...

It's a psych test this, right? Only "o" is common to both words and the nose in both pics is made of the letter "o". That's what I see anyhow.

On the other hand you could see lots of things if you wanted to but I notice you said 'the "hidden" letter' (singular) so forget the "w" - kind of - for the clown's eyes or the "j" that might be formed from half of the anchor shape of the dog's muzzle, or the "i's" of its eyes.

Oh yes, me and second grade, we're like THAT!

Theresa said...

Oh how cute, I would love to be in your class. I would probably get in trouble:) Have a blessed day my friend! HUGS!

Tonja said...

What a clever idea! Bet the kids loved that! And, I bet it felt good to be back in a classroom.....especially knowing that it wasn't a permanent thing!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That's a really cute idea.