Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Breaking Up is Hard to Do - - -

.

Breaking up is the pits. I'm not talking about:

Dear John, I'm so over you it isn't even funny.
Signed,
I USED to luv ya,


Sue.

Though, we've all been down THAT road and at the time we thought our world was shattered.


And I'm not even talking about "breaking up" one household, packing it all in, and moving to another. Though goodness sakes, that is pretty hard to do too.

No, I'm talking about breaking up circles of relationships. Leaving the old circles behind and forging ahead to the new.

There is a bitter sweet quality to it - - - sad good-byes while looking ahead to new opportunities and new friendships. But it is still hard to do.

One of my Junior High students from last year contacted me to see if I'd be willing to have lunch with her and a couple of her friends before I leave. I found room in my packing schedule and - - -


Fifteen of my former Junior Highers met me for lunch Saturday. FIFTEEN!!!


I find it absolutely mind boggling that kids would want to "waste" part of their Saturday to meet their OLD (and old is the definitive word here) teacher for lunch.


But they did. It was so great to see them all together - - - it was like we hadn't ever been separated.

Remember, these kids are all separated from each other in four different school systems now - - - and yet they all came together for one last "hurrah."


Several moms who are also my friends joined us.


So sweet. So sad. So fun.



The week before, my former colleagues also met me for lunch.


We are also scattered to various new positions.


Some of us are still teaching, some have taken employment in the business world, some have gone to work for Indiana Wesleyan University,


One is a librarian, two have taken ministry positions. One of us moved an hour away, and now I'm moving two STATES away.

We will never all work together again.

Our Lakeview "family" is no more.

Times change. Life moves forward.

Bitter.

Sweet.

Breaking up is so hard to do.

.


22 comments:

Linda @ A La Carte said...

Ah! That was so sweet. it is hard to leave old friends.

Erin said...

That is great that the kids organized a lunch! You mean so much to them!

Unknown said...

How neat that the kids wanted to go to lunch with you! Even if you move farther away, we'll always be as close as we are now..... :) Hope that helped! Haha!

xinex said...

You are a wonderful and fun teacher that is why your students love you and I know they will miss you....Christine

ain't for city gals said...

You are so loved, Keetha..you should be proud...what more could we ask for?...

LV said...

I like your lighter side of life blogs and fun chatter. Parting is never easy, especially in your situation. That is a wonderful thing those young folks. Not many think like these days. You were blessed with a good group and you were a blessing to them. Take care and be careful.

nancygrayce said...

Because they love you! You have obviously made a life long impression on those kids and they'll never forget you no matter how far away you go!

I can't imagine leaving my circle of family and friends! It has to be hard!

Anonymous said...

We're not breaking up! We met in cyberspace and will be connected in cyberspace. Can't wait for pictures of your new digs.

Lisa said...

What an awesome teacher you must be! It's so wonderful that the kids reached out to you. You surely made a big impact on their lives.

podso said...

Sweet post. Moving is so hard. I'm not sure which is harder---being the one left behind, or the one who leaves and forges ahead to a new life.

lilmomma said...

What a sad little post, I could barely hold back the tears. It amazes me that you were surprised that so many showed up. There is no one like you, my dear "Miss Keetha". And I will forever treasure the wisdom and memories you have shared. :)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

((HUGS)) That was so sweet of all those students to meet with and your teacher friends from school.
You are loved!

Theresa said...

Oh how sweet that they all came together to say farewell! I love it when friends do something so special and show how much they love you!

Happy trails dear friend!

HUGS!

Anonymous said...

You make a difference dear friend!

I can't find my blog said...

This is awesome. What a great way to send you off, what great memories, what great kids. xoxo

Keetha said...

Awww. I love that. Thanks for sharing. Transitions and change and leaving old, dear friends and students...that's tough.

I'm thinking of you!

Dustin and Kayla said...

is that Mrs wallace??!

Gerson & Betsy said...

Oh, Keetha! This is sad. I'm feeling it, too. The hardest thing about moving for me has been leaving behind my circle of friends. It's so hard to start over! I'm so thankful the Lord allowed me to meet so many wonderful people at Lakeview!

42N said...

What a great sendoff. That says something if colleagues and students want to say goodbye - you must be someone special to them. Keep writing.

Martin LaBar said...

Clearly, you made an impact. You will do it again, perhaps in much different ways, at your destination.

So many groups will never all be together again. But there's a place where they can be, if it's important. There will be plenty of time. . .

groovyoldlady said...

*sniff* Been there, *siff*sniff* Done that.

But the plus side is all the new friends and relationships and ministry opportunies that God has for you now.

Jewel said...

You will be missed by many people!