Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cell Phone Humor

.

We are in full fledge sorting and packing mode around here. Won't be very long now 'til that moving van is backed up to our door and we gotta be ready.

At one point today as I was sorting, I came across an old phone charger. Now folks, I am not one to keep up with current technology, but this charger even made ME laugh. It looked big enough to float the Titanic.

I pulled it out by its cord and said to Fisherhubby, "What in the WORLD is this?" We both had a good chuckle as I threw it away.

I had plenty of time - - - with all that sorting - - - to think on some of my past technology.

For years my cell phone was the size of half an army tank and had an extendable antenna. (Wait, what am I talking about! My cell phone STILL has an extendable antenna, though it is a small one now.)

My students loved to laugh at me for my HUGE phone. During a trip to Washington DC with one 8th grade class, at the Korean War Memorial the boys noticed this figure:


"Look Mrs. Broyles!" shouted Jared, a particularly precocious young chap, "HE'S got YOUR cell phone!"

Years later, long after I assume he had forgotten the incident, I GAVE Jared that cell phone for Christmas. That'll teach him.

Today, just as my toast was popping out of the toaster, I got a call on my current cell phone. (You can't see the extendable antenna in this photo, but the "bling" is hanging from it)


It was my M-I-L. After ten or fifteen minutes of chatting, what HAD been my lovely toast was all cold and soggy.

I don't like to waste food, so I ate it anyway - - - but it was FAR from satisfying.

As I popped a NEW piece of bread into the toaster, I told Fisherhubby, "I don't CARE if my phone rings, I'm NOT answering it until I eat a lovely, crisp, warm, buttery piece of toast!!!"

Sure enough - - - the MOMENT I began to butter that toast, my cell phone rang.

"I'm not getting it!" I shouted to hubby, hoping for his permission to ignore the call until after my toast.

But my natural curiousity got the BEST of me and I just HAD to glance at the caller ID to see who it was.

"G"

That's how Fisherhubby shows up on my caller ID. He was phoning me FROM THE COUCH!!!

Turkey.

(Korean Memorial Photo from wingettephotography.com)

.

18 comments:

Lori E said...

Ha, remind me to tell you of the time my guy phoned the house phone repeatedly while I was relaxing on the front porch and he was in the driveway. Oh ya, funny guys. They should go on tour together.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

MEN!! Good luck with the packing!

nancygrayce said...

Just little boys, I tell you! :)

j said...

I'm married to a turkey too. That sounds exactly like something that Bryan would do.

KathyB. said...

Boys just wanna have fun~

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

That's funny Keetha!
I love your student and the phone, clever boy, clever teacher!
A couple of a years ago, a friend of my daughters and a student of my hubby's borrowed one of his shirts to wear to school on dress like the teacher day.
Hubby being very quick of mind, looked up saw the student, saw his shirt on student and just said, "nice shirt"! I still laugh when I think of that!
And the time to move to Wisconsin is sure coming fast!
Hugs,
Cindy

podso said...

If I need cheering up, your blog always provides that! Hope the packing goes well!

grammy said...

I'm sorrrreeee about your cold toast!! Now we'll see if "G" apologizes. Ha!

Ann in the UP said...

I am laughing out loud. Fisherhubby has my kinda sense of humor! I love it, though I probably wouldn't think to do it. And I would have turned off my cell phone if I wanted to eat my toast. I'm inconsiderate that way.

The best touch of all though, is your "Turkey" at the end. LOL

Anonymous said...

My eyes and my arthritic fingers are not akin to the smaller phones. Even keyboards on computers are getting smaller. Not that I want an IBM Selectric size. LOL

DI

shannon i olson said...

love it! I have to say I have become so attached to my phone, I even tried to turn the channel with it the other day...really!

Angie said...

I'm not a big fan of mobile phones (as we call them here) but these days you just HAVE to have one as call boxes are rare.

Talking about rare - you just gave Jared tghe antique of the future!

Anonymous said...

"Murphy's Law". In this case, your Fisherhubby has a new name: "MurphyTurkey".

You two crack me up.

Hope you got your toast!

Hugs,
Jan

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Technology has changed but I'm glad that you both have your sense of humor! That's a sweet story.

Roslyn said...

Cheeky bugger your DH, Keetha!
I used to call my first cell phone "the brick"!

Misti said...

Sounds like something my dad or husband would do!

Holly said...

The really made me laugh out loud! The statue and the call from your husband!

My husband and I used to have a "brick." And he had a pager too. Heh.

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love it!!!

My husband used to call me when our bedroom was on the top floor and the TV room was in the basement - but I don't think he's called from the couch LOL

Kristin - The Goat