Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, October 25, 2010

There's an Arkansas Bull Frog in My Driveway!!!

.


Things are getting pretty echoy and empty around here.

Now there's this big ole Arkansas Bull Frog sitting in my driveway. He doesn't croak or ribbitt and he has a great big empty belly for us to fill. That filling is scheduled to begin at 9:30 AM Wednesday. Then the bull frog will "hop" away to Wisconsin.

Here are a few "packing tid bits" for various of my family members!

Kaeleigh, Mackinley, and Piper:


Look what we packed up today! They are going on the truck, and when you come to visit Kamma and Papoo in Wisconsin, you will find them WAITING there for you!!

Korie:


I found this in the computer room today. I have stuffed it with a few of your "tiny treasures" that we found in various places. I think some of the treasures will make you smile! I imagine this will be waiting for you over at Peepaw's garage, along with a couple of small boxes of your things that Papoo found in your old bedroom.


Kelly:


I'm sure you will breathe a sigh of relief to know that THIS is safe and sound. It is already packed in a box to go to Wisconsin - - - just for "posterior" sakes. ;-)

For those of you who are scratching your heads in confusion - - - this is the last remnant of the days when America STILL believed in "spare the rod and spoil the child."

Kelly was well acquainted with this particular "rod" , for on multiple occasions it was applied to his "seat of learning." (Three whacks - - - that was my rule.) On one such occasion, the wood having been weakend in the dishwasher, the spoon portion broke as you see it here.


Many is the time Kelly KNEW he was about to get in trouble, so BEFORE he disobeyed, he dressed himself in several pairs of shorts, sweat pants, and jeans over the whole kit and kaboodle - - - for plenty of padding. Then he did his "dastardly deed," which usually involved picking on his sister Korie, and took the consequences.


13 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sweet treasure waiting for everyone when they visit. I remember the days of spanking. My mother usually used a belt that belonged to my father but anything would work in a pinch, like a hairbrush!

podso said...

What a fun post, really. Who would have ever guessed we could communicate so well!

Theresa said...

Oh starting on a journey to a new place but taking some old friends to make it feel like home:) Have a safe trip and can't wait to see pictures of the new place! Hugs and prayers coming your way!

Jewel said...

You mean he dressed for the punishment even before committing the crime?? You raised smart kids!

Unknown said...

Kelly was a planner!

LV said...

Keetha you are one crazy woman. Know wonder the school kids love you so. You make everything seem like fun. Trust all goes well with your move and nothing gets broken.

KBeau said...

My son used ABF when he moved to Denver a few years ago. Hope your moving experience is not too stressful.

Kristin - The Goat said...

So I think it's pretty safe to say that your guest room is no longer available? LOL Can't believe the spoon broke!

Kristin - The Goat

Raise Them Up said...

Good luck with your move! :)

Angie said...

My mum used the "three whacks" rule too only with her it was the flat of her hand on the back of your legs. I don't think she ever got past one cos we;d be gone!!

I can't find my blog said...

Just this weekend my mom explained the wooden spoon to my youngest. He got a leetle skered!

Dustin and Kayla said...

that purse from Korie's room, I think it's mine. haha! either that or I just borrowed it from Korie for so long I thought it was =)

The one with the shoes said...

I think it is yours kay!! I used in for my passport when we went to Honduras! cant wait to see my other surprises :)