Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Making My Paths Straight

.

Since I posted last evening about the closing of our school, I have received empathy from so many of you. In fact, I've heard from folks I've never heard from before, folks I didn't even know followed my blog, folks I don't even know - live OR virtually.

Let me just say that I am greatly moved by your support. I "felt" your presence go with me as I walked the halls of our school today and as I talked to my students about what lies ahead.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

So many of you asked what I will do next.



(photo from coolrain44.wordpress.com)
THIS is all I know about THAT!

Right now the future beyond June is just a big question mark to me. I don't plan to try to teach anywhere else. I do plan to try to work somewhere at something. We're going to need health insurance. (Maybe you'll walk into a Wal-Mart near you soon to find ME greetin' in the doorway!)

Here's what I DO know:

1) I will be at LCS for the next 11 weeks.

2) I will focus on being the best teacher I can be right to the end.

3) I will keep loving and encouraging my students.

4) I will do my best to model before my students what it means to "Trust in the Lord with all your heart and He will make your paths straight."

Right now the path before my feet, from my human vantage point, looks about as clear as the road signs above. But I BELIEVE what God said when He told us He'd make our paths straight. I believe He will show me the way - - - in HIS time. He's already shown me that my "straight path" right now is to finish strong at LCS.

I'm on it.

I'm working to finish strong.

And after that - - - He's got the whole world in His hands, and that makes my little portion of that world seem pretty insignificant.

Do you think someone will pay me a salary with benefits to blog all day long?????

:-)

.

26 comments:

ain't for city gals said...

What in the world is going on anymore??? There goes another teacher that truly cares about her students!! Makes me so sad (and a little upset)..good luck to you...keep us informed...

Old Time Cindy said...

Made it through this time to comment...couldn't get through to comment on your last post. I'm so sorry to hear that your school is closing. From reading your blog, you can tell that you love what you do. From a former teacher...
Cindy at Lakewood

Tricia said...

I think that you are on the right path, Keetha. That kind of attitude is what will stick with your students.

Oh, and if you figure out that blogging with full time benefits and pay thing, I expect a call. ;)

Julie Harward said...

That would be cool to get paid for blogging! I love your number 4...kids need hope now days. And you would be the most awesome greeter at Walmart! LOL Or what ever you end up doing...so glad we have connected! Come say hi :D

Linda @ A La Carte said...

There is a line to be the WalMart Greeter around here! LOL...I know all will work out as the Lord intends.

LV said...

It will be a different world for you for awhile. I worked for 40 years before I retired. I almost lost mind mind the first year. I enjoy being around people and suddenly you are not. It will be an adjustment, but you are a survivor. May this little chuckle brighten your spirit:
The Sunday school teacher asks Johnny if he says his prayers before eating. "No mam" Johnny replies, "I don't have to. My mom is a good cook"

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hu Keetha

I came over from Jo Jo's Joys blog. I am so sorry to hear abiout you school closing and I hope something will come up for you! You sound like a wonderful teacher with a good sense of humor and talent like that should not be wasted. I will say prayers for you!

All the best! Pat

Jojo said...

Keetha, Things are already looking up! You have 113 Followers!!!! Sounds to me like you have mapped an incredible plan for yourself, you are right, you've got the best navigator!

Lori R. said...

Proverbs 3:5-6

Kristin - The Goat said...

You are loved more than you will ever ever know from those above and from those whose feet are on the ground :)

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I'm so behind on all of my reads, so I am late to say how much this sucks! But you're right.... God has a plan. Trust & Faith.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I imagine the Blogging Insurance Plan is a lousy one!! Keep us updated! And stay positive

Lori E said...

Oh I missed that last post Keetha. One door closes and another opens. Embrace the new road.

nancygrayce said...

Something will find you! It would be nice to get paid for blogging....but I agree, the insurance plan would probably stink!

Martin LaBar said...

Sorry. God help you!

Angie said...

Good on you friend! I was always told God helps those who help themselves. I think you'd be a lovely Greeter!

love, Angie, xx

Reva said...

Keetha,
I'm so glad you have such a positive attitude about all this, I'm sure it will be sad when the school year is ended. Maybe you and your students can have a summer party and celebrate the last year at the school building.

Anonymous said...

Oh Keetha, I didn't read the other post but i'm going to right now .. i tend to read most current first and scroll down from there. I have to tell you how much I admire your faith. I think if you continue to just embrace this change, a whole new world of opportunities will present themselves - ones with benefits too.

Mary said...

Keetha,
I just found your blog, I'm so sorry to hear about this rough time.. but i know all things will turn out as they should.. the lord never leaves us.
I love you and miss you all. You are in our prayers. Love, little mary (willie's daughter and grandma mary's granddaughter)

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Thank you for sharing what is going on right now with you. Love the signs! Your students are really going to miss you. God will provide. When you find that company that will let us blog and get insurance let me know.

Brenda said...

The neat thing is that it's ok not to know what's going to happen after June, it's called trust--exactly what you are doing!

j said...

What I know you will do is bless anyone who has the good fortune of coming in contact with you. You my, dear Keetha, are definitely a "bloom where planted" kind of gal!

j said...

hee hee - comma issues. And on a teacher's blog to boot :)

Keetha Broyles said...

Thanks, Jen - - - and don't give the commas another thought. I teach science anyway.

Sherry said...

So sorry to hear about the closing of your school! You have made good choice such as; standing on that particular scripture, choosing to keep a good attitude, sitting a wonderful example for your students, etc.! God will WILL straigthen the path for you.

I love Psalm 119:105 - "Thy word is a lamp unto me feet and a light unto my path.." The word "lamp" in the Hebrew means "lantern". A lantern is not a strong light and will only send forth its light a short distance down the path -- just enough to keep us from stepping into a pothole or pit. What we want, though, is a flood light or maybe a quartz light that will light the path for miles ahead. God is famous for only sharing bits of the picture (path) at a time. He wants our faith and trust to be in him alone.

Stay strong and know that He is for you! He delights in taking care of his children.

"You can be sure that God will take care of EVERYTHING you need, his generosity exceeding even yours in the glory that pours from Jesus." Philippians 4:19 MSG

Blessings!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

WHAT????????


I am so sorry I am playing catch up.
I know this is hard news. But God has a reason for everything. Allow him to guide your ship and take comfort that he will steer you exactly where you are supposed to be.

All my love!