Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

In THEIR Words

.

The other day I made a post about my sophomores. Several of you left comments suggesting that I invite these students to be guest bloggers and tell you all about me from THEIR perspective.

Well - - - the MINUTE I mentioned that idea to these kids, they JUMPED at the chance.

I'll admit, I was a little nervous about what they might say - - - - but as it turns out, I was nervous about the wrong thing! Now I'm nervous because what they said was soooooo very nice I'm afraid you will think I "put the words in their mouths" so to speak.

I can assure you - - - these are their words, I only edited out one tiny inside joke that they WILL have with me, but which I'm afraid would be TOTALLY misconstrued in cyber space.

So - - - without further ado - - - here are my Sophomores:


"Even though I haven't been with Mrs. Broyles long, during the time I've had with her she's been the best! (Addendum from Mrs. B - Audrey just transferred to our school after Christmas) She's my favorite teacher here at Lakeview, and I love going to her class! I'm going to be sad at the end of the year because my time with her is going to be cut short. But I've enjoyed the time I've had with her. I love you Mrs. Broyles!"
- - Audrey


"Mrs. Broyles' true identity is Eve from the Garden of Eden. Even though she seems nice, Mrs. Broyles has her dark side. She even broke a child's leg when pretending to help a little girl play on a tricycle. Just warning you - - -she has a very dark and violent side!!!!"
- - Brandon

(Brandon is referring to a story I told the class about an incident that happened during my college days - - - yes, I did accidentally cause a darling little girl to break her leg.)



"Kamma has been here for ages, literally. But she is one of my favorite teachers. She helps us daily in our spiritual walk. She has made an input in my life. My favorite part is probably 'Football Fridays' or her stories. She is like a mother-hen for us. She always treats us like family from helping with 'drama' to us going to her house. I know she's a big part of my growth with the Lord. I love her, even if she's older than time."
-- Love, Baili



"Carpe diem
Love her stories"
- - Seth


"When first I met her I was like - - - Wow! What a crazy ole bat! But after all these two years she has become my favorite teacher.

We all love your crazy stories! (Like the Africa one or the guy with the 'floods.')

I'm going to miss you! Thanks for a great two years and making me feel so welcome and a part of your family!

We love you even though you ditched us!

I love you Mrs. Broyles"
- - Jessica




"Not my fave, not bad.
Funny
Good stories
Good teacher
Stinks that I won't have her next year
That's it
Oh, good at Catch Phrase
The end"
- - Zach


"I love Mrs. Broyles! She is my favorite teacher ever. (Shhhhhh, don't tell my mom or the other teachers at Lakeview) (Rebekah was formerly homeschooled.) I love it when she tells stories and lets us have fun days in class! :-) I will never forget our eighth grade trip! I had so much fun watching my dad and another teacher beat her and one of the moms at Euchre! She is an amazing person- - - sweet, caring, loving, grandmotherly, and a godly woman. No, I'm not just saying that for brownie points. (But, Mrs. Broyles I'll take them if you want to give them to me.)

Even though she's millions of years old and is a cousin to the dinosaur, she is still, I guess, groovy & hip! Hahahahahah

Love ya, Eve!

Love always from your favorite student,"
- - Rebekah


.

18 comments:

Brenda said...

Out of the mouths of {teenage} babes!
Those were so sweet, but Zach's was too cute! I could picture him talking like that.

Linda @ A La Carte said...

You are a brave woman to let them speak, but they were very nice and truthful I'm sure!

Cass @ That Old House said...

Oh this is priceless! You clearly have a good bond of trust with these charming young people, or they wouldn't be so frank.

How else would we know that you are Eve from the Garden of Eden ... I'll bet you look spiffy in your fig leaves! and I shall always now think of you as that "crazy ole bat."

Grandmotherly, eh? Hahahahahahahaha. Lovely.

Tell your kids they ROCK.
Brownie points for all.
:-)
You'll miss them.
Cass

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Oh, that's hilarious Keetha! Older than dinasaurs? Geez, you look great! You are brave to do this and it sounds like your an amazing teacher as well!
Have a good day with your teenyboppers. My hubby teaches grades 9-12 and he has the patience of a saint! You must too, Hugs, Cindy

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

See, that wasn't so bad, was it? Kids are great - that's why we teach, right?

Now I think you should take them ALL out for pizza and ice cream after school this friday!!

Erin said...

That's great! I would have been nervous about what they might say too! I liked Jessica's first impression "crazy ole bat." My mother-in-law taught middle school Earth Science - her philosophy was that it was good for them to think you're a little nutty. Keeps 'em guessing!

ain't for city gals said...

To have an impact on one child's life is always my goal but look how many love you!! The best....

Whosyergurl said...

First time visitor and I'm gonna follow. :-)
Seems like your students adore you! You must be doing something right!
Cheryl

Jewel said...

I love that Bali said you are like a mother-hen and Rebekah said you are very grandmotherly. hehe. :)
You ARE brave. <3 Jewel

LV said...

If you do not want honesty, do not ask teenagers questions. Seems they think of you as mother hen. That Zack fellow is something else. I think it was a brave and nice thing to let them have their say.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

So are you blushing, do you have a big smile on your face? Those are so sweet and they do love you.

Nancy said...

Great guest bloggers! I'm sure you will all miss each other next year, but the imprint you have left on their lives will last.

Anonymous said...

It's obvious that you are loved by your kids, even if you're "millions of years old"!!

Anonymous said...

awesome comments :)

Kristin - The Goat said...

I love Mrs, Broyles, too!

Keetha said...

What a great post! I love getting to "meet" your students.

Also, the post you did last week about your work schedule? Have mercy! Eight periods in a school day! And you get there an hour early? Wow. My hat's off to you; those kids are lucky to have you as a teacher.

j said...

I know their words mean so much to you. Sounds like and awesome bunch of kids.

And I already knew you were fabulous... just not old... you aren't really, are you? Millions of years old and a cousin to the dinosaur? Cause DARN GIRL! You look GOOD!

j said...

"AN" awesome. Sheesh. Typos on the teacher's blog... somebody hand me a dunce cap :)