Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Progression of the Parent-Teacher Marathon

.
Parent-Teacher Conferences. Ya gotta love them - - - whether you are a parent or a teacher.

Here's how our day progressed:

Early in the afternoon all was order, all was reason, all was controlled.


If a particular teacher was busy with one conference, other parents waited their turn patiently - - - - even eagerly. There was always someone else available to help them chat away their wait.


Early in the afternoon when there were those occasional lulls between conferences,


Each teacher was content to make their lists - - -


Check them twice - - -


Try to figure out who's naughty and who's nice.


But sometime mid-afternoon, things changed. At first it was subtle. At first it was just a casual abandon of work and lists and conferences. Lappies were being used for things OTHER than school essentials.

(How do you think I got all these pictures edited and resized and ready to post?????)



Then as one looked around they began to notice that some teachers were no longer even making a PRETENSE of working. They were out right loafing.

Possibly even pulling pranks on their fellow teachers. I won't mention any names here, but the words "Shelli" and "Tim" come strongly to mind - - -


Many teachers were turning to strong caffeinated drinks, just for moral support.


Others lost it completely - - - - doing such strange things that I wouldn't even DARE to hint at them here - - - -


Then eyes glazed over - - -


And finally there was utter and total collapse.

And now, I have this fine property in the heart of Florida - - - - who would like to chat with me about buying it???
.

8 comments:

Jewel said...

I miss Ms. Agness.. so much. You teachers don't realize what you have in her!!! jaja. Or maybe the students don't. Anyways. Looks fun. =) Who knew you teachers actually had personalities?!?! jaja.

Keetha Broyles said...

She's only a few steps away for an IWU student - - - stop by and visit.

Anonymous said...

i wanna visit lakeview, i haven't even seen the new gym! i always thought i hated it when i was there but i find myself missing it every once in a awhile.

Keetha Broyles said...

:-)

You only THOUGHT you hated it - - - in retrospect you can appreciate what you had now that it's gone.

Shannon said...

That's cute! I wonder if you got any visits from my favorite parents...

Keetha Broyles said...

No I didn't this time!!!!!!

Kim and Mike said...

Hey! I saw my mom in one of those pictures! :)

Keetha Broyles said...

I imagine you did!!!