Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Saturday, November 22, 2008

Our Angels From Heaven

Came down for a while.

We took them to Steak 'n Shake.


Where they colored with a smile.


Then filled up on cheeseburgers,


Chicken strips and fries,
Which they ate very gladly,
I tell you no lies.

Then we bribed them with shakes
So they'd give us no cries,
But love us until
The two of us dies.
(ignore the bad grammar - - - poetic license ya know!)


On the way home we picked up
Some "health food" for snacks.
Can't have those dear angels
Suffering hunger attacks!!!


Kamma poured the M&M's
Into a toy cup


So Kaeleigh and Mackinley
Could gobble them up!!!


Then it was time
To play with their toys.


And keep themselves busy,
Like good girls and boys.


Kaeleigh made tracks


While Mackinley read - - -


And no one mentioned
It was nearly time for bed.


Kaeleigh completed
The track by herself,


While Mackinley flew
His toy car off a shelf.

But by nine o'clock it was jammies,
Blankies, and pillows for heads.
Then the angels went upstairs
And into their beds.

They slept oh so soundly
Without making a peep
Until the sunshine so rudely
Awoke them from sleep!!!

Then they came down to the kitchen
To sit in their jammies,
Play with Papoo's electronics
And count Kamma's pennies.


On doughnuts and milk
For breakfast did they feast,
Then returned to their folks
Sugared-up little beasts!!!


And Kamma and Papoo
Returned to their life
Very proud of themselves
For causing such strife!!!!

Oh, but it was fun!!
.

18 comments:

Dan said...

Oooh, You're every bit as bad as my mom is with our kids! I suppose it's 'Grandparents' License' just like poetic license, huh?

Keetha Broyles said...

You got it!!!!!!

It's the bestest.

Keri said...

What a cute poem, Mom!! You should go to Snapfish.com and make it into a book! I love it!!!

Thank you so much for watching them. We had a wonderful night out and we're so lucky that you live close enough and are willing to take them for us. We love you both!

Anonymous said...

Most definitely, a book!! that was adorable and very creative! The kids would love that as keepsake when they get older...I know I would cherish something like forever!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Why thank you, Keri and Amy!!! But Amy - - - who are you?

Martin LaBar said...

I don't have a solitary clue
If poetic license needs renew
And if it does, is there a quiz?
I'm in real trouble if there is.

Shannon said...

That was so cute!! How great to have them so close by! I'm sure they looooved being with you!

Keetha Broyles said...

Very cute and creative, Doc!!!!

Lone Butterfly said...

You're an awesome set of grandparents - and hats off to your husband for being an involved Granddad!

Julie said...

How very cute! You guys are such great grandparents! How about I bring my kids over this weekend? :)

Melissa ♥ Spoiled Mommy said...

Awwww, they are sooo adorable!!
Love it!!

Keetha Broyles said...

Julie - - - I don't think you live toooo far away, do ya????

Maybe we need to do a camping trip with you this summer - - - - I remember how much you LOVE those!!!


Hehehehehehehehehe

Julie said...

Camping?! AWESOME!! Yes, definitely. Count me in! I was hoping someone would include us in a camping trip this summer.

ha ha!

Oh, sarcasm. The defense of the weak. :)

Keetha Broyles said...

LOL, LOL, LOL!!!!!

Keetha said...

Now I'm hungry. :-)

Bart and Paula Wakeman said...

VERY cute story!!! I agree, you should put it in a book for them. My in-laws do that when they take the kids somewhere special. They just take the camera to walmart and print out the pictures and then put them all in a kiddie size scrap book. My kids LOVE them! They are still reading their books about the trip to the zoo this summer.

nancygrayce said...

They are so darling! Nothing better than a couple of grandkids in the house!!!

Erin said...

What a sweet poem!